What do you listen to?

wjbrandel

I wonder what do you listen to or watch (have on the tv) when you are building a model?

For me it depends on what I'm building. Military themed models I normally have older war movies or tv shows playing and with sci fi models normally sci fi shows. When I'm building something else I like to listen to audio books.

I'll usually have some instrumental music playing while I work.
Sometimes from movies, sometimes not

I'm a metal head mostly. Started playing the guitar in 87 or 88 and still do. I listen to a lot of doom metal and some prog these days.

Just finish TOS and I'm on to TNG now... But any kinda scifi or TV show will do.

When building with the kids we usually chose something relatable to what we're building.

I've never really been a background noise person. No tv's or radios in my hobby room, just the sounds outside my window.

I can understand that, but my two favorite relaxation activities are reading and model making, and with audio books I can indulge in both. If I watch something I usually pop in a dvd of a favorite movie or tv show, something I don't really need to pay attention to.

Depending on the time of year, I listen to baseball games, or talk radio.

I used to play dvds, or listen to talk radio. Now I just play stuff on Youtube, especially long documentaries or movie or game reviews and analyses. Lately I've been on a true crime kick, but also been listening to deep analysis videos of the Elder Scrolls games. And Silent Hill game analysis videos. Always those. ;)

I fool with antique clocks and pocket watches also, so there is a grandfather clock gently running and softly chiming in my hobby room.

Latest posts

Back