What do you get when you cross a ................. (Warning This thread may contain graphic images of a Kit Bash)

That picture of the AMT box of the X-Wing fighter is horrible! In fact it's worse than the model. I'm curious to see what this would look like and how the two will fit together - not simply what it would look like.

And so, it begins.
The first incision has been made into the upper backbone of the F-111 to install the Astromech socket.
Making final adjustments for the height of the droid using spare parts inside the F-111 Fuselage just forward of the Wing Pivot mechanism.

Attachments

• F111-Xwing_bash_001.jpg
    F111-Xwing_bash_001.jpg
    559 KB · Views: 15
  • F111-Xwing_bash_002.jpg
    F111-Xwing_bash_002.jpg
    575.5 KB · Views: 15
  • F111-Xwing_bash_003.jpg
    F111-Xwing_bash_003.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 15
  • F111-Xwing_bash_004.jpg
    F111-Xwing_bash_004.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 15
Yeah......THAT'S what I'M talking about! This is a great start. The more bashing the better! I wish I was creative enough to think things like this but I'm used to being mostly out of the box with little modification. I'm more of the straight out of the box builder type of girl. I'm getting the popcorn out for this one!

Update pics.

I've attached the Laser Cannons to the Pylons for stations 3, 4, 5, & 6 (the pivot pylons)
Not sure if the cannons will need to be shortened to make them look more believable,
I just wonder that as they are not rear mounted wings like the X-Wing that the Cannons may appear a little out of proportion, I guess we'll see when complete.

Also started the cockpit build. I'm wondering if I should swap out the canopies and bash that X-wing canopy onto the F-111. Width will be the issue there.

Oh and what does everyone think about the height of the droid above the fuselage? (He's a bit blurry)

Attachments

• F111-Xwing_bash_005.jpg
    F111-Xwing_bash_005.jpg
    617.6 KB · Views: 19
  • F111-Xwing_bash_006.jpg
    F111-Xwing_bash_006.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 19
  • F111-Xwing_bash_007.jpg
    F111-Xwing_bash_007.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 19
Update pics.

I've attached the Laser Cannons to the Pylons for stations 3, 4, 5, & 6 (the pivot pylons)
Not sure if the cannons will need to be shortened to make them look more believable,
I just wonder that as they are not rear mounted wings like the X-Wing that the Cannons may appear a little out of proportion, I guess we'll see when complete.

Also started the cockpit build. I'm wondering if I should swap out the canopies and bash that X-wing canopy onto the F-111. Width will be the issue there.

Oh and what does everyone think about the height of the droid above the fuselage? (He's a bit blurry)
I'm unsure as to the droid height. I 'feel' that it might be higher than I would have it. However, having said that. with the droid figure in white, it is hard to judge. In the image below R2-D2 doesn't seem to be as high as your droid figure. Not sure I've been a help though.
0ab599d6a9f98df6d05df37ff3070bd4[1].gif

Almost done.

Funny how when you get a close up photo that you can blow up and look at you notice how dodgy your work is. :D

And those control columns.... Nuthin' like the real thing...

Attachments

• F111-Xwing_bash_015.jpg
    F111-Xwing_bash_015.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 11
  • F111-Xwing_bash_016.jpg
    F111-Xwing_bash_016.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 11
Dude-man-girl, this is looking really nice. I suffer from a terminal lack of vision when it comes to scratch-building so this is top-notch stuff to me. The droid slot and the upper detail pallet look just right when you put the primer on. Very nice. I’m kind of in agreement with @iandrewmartin that the droid seems too high. He looks like a perfect little target up there. Anyway, keep up the stunning work. I’m looking forward to your next installment.

MTFBWY

In regards to the R2 unit I think it's just about the correct height for where his legs should be. However that may be it's high for the scale that this is supposed to be in. We all know that R2-D2 got hit in Star Wars but he wasn't as tall in the saddle and still got hit by a laser blast! This is looking great so far. Keep it coming. I have a Ban Dai kit coming in the mail so I need some inspiration to get me back on track.

Latest posts

Back