We're goin' Ridin' 1/12th scale Honda CR450R

panzerace007

Nerd Herders !

Gettin back to th bench from a long Cold Winter , Timing IS everything! This is 1 of 3 .....

I strolled into th LHS a couple of days ago with th intent of grabbin' a kit for th BSC ... I got 2 lol :eek:

This one I saw & could not resist ! I remember seeing th kit back in th day ,'82 , The Awesome Dio that was in that years Tamiya catalog & drooled over it. At th same time I had discovered Moto-Cross on Wide World of Sports . !! Hopefully Tamiya will re-release the other Bikes & riders !! This is Way outta th Box for Me. I haven't built a Bike since ..... Woo long time ago & That was a Choppa' Baby ! Grab yer helmet !!

Tamiya's 1/12th Honda CR450R w/Rider !! Oh Yes !

IMG_2197_zpsfiezi4na.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39e6gsELet8

WOW !! Tri tone camo and Zimmerit would be cool ;D Erik doing a bike ! Bring it on Bro :)

Chris.

Woo ,

It's been a minute. Time flies ! Alas .... No Zimmerit or Tritone Camo .... Although I thought about it ! & Thought of replacing th figure with a Biker Scout ! :eek:

Here are some shots so far. It's a cool kit , TONS of seams , but They'll get fixed. I've de-chromed some parts as to get them ready for Their shot of AlClad !! So far typical Tamiya construction , just a bit more flash than I'm used to seeing in a Tamiya kit but What'cha gonna do ... Let's get in this ......

IMG_2201_zpsdcodynhx.jpg
Here's everything laid out so far. A good amount of Pre Paint is needed , Unfortunately the way the engine fits into the Frame, the Frame will need to be painted after the engine is installed. .... Aughta' be interesting ..

IMG_2336_zpstrcyyl3g.jpg
Here's th heart of th Beast ! While only 431cc , just a little shy of 450 ?? , It was built to compete in the 500cc Moto Cross & was released to the public as well. This Spitfire will get shot with ALClad sealed & then shot with Red, and chipped & distressed a bit to show wear ! \m/\m/

IMG_2337_zpsmiefiiad.jpg
De Chromed & ready to roll. Th rims will be shot with AlClad & then into th Tires. Th Front one has a fair bit of flash ! It will be interesting cleaning up ! TAMIYA!! ( shakes fist)

IMG_2338_zpsg8zjzskb.jpg
Some more of the De-Chromed parts. Swing Arm, Shocks , Chassis shock , Handle bars. Aside from th handle bars, the rest will get some suave Chromed drizzled upon them ! :eek:

IMG_2339_zpsqmo2r8bk.jpg
Oh yes ! Th Frame & Gas tank. One of many seams to zip up. Due to how the engine fits between th frame, the Frame will have to get painted after th engine is installed, or I may have to get crafty & paint th frame separate ....

IMG_2341_zpsqpylygxf.jpg
Here is our Hero ! split vertically , all sorts of seems to fill & perhaps small re-sculpting will be due. I will refrain from doing a Factory rider, as This will be a recreational rider. I'll try to "dress" him in a long sleeve T & riding pants & pads.

IMG_2342_zpsulfauzd4.jpgIMG_2344_zps7abicklz.jpgIMG_2345_zpsyq3buvof.jpg
A little bit of work needed before I can start laying down th paint. But the rider is really well detailed. With a separate visor & face mask painting th face will be a lot easier !!​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff0RcS9FaPY​

There you go...rockin' the Nice to see all the chrome removed and ready to go!!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UWRypqz5-o&feature=player_detailpage[/youtube]

Thanx guys for the kind words. I just ran outta time . I hate deadlines lol This was supposed to be for the BSC.

I do have an update coming. Everything that needed to got covered in AlClad. I have chipped the motor ... Stay tuned !!

Latest posts

Back