Well, it has tracks. . .

Mac

Games Workshop Imperial Guard Chimera.
Supposed to be "new", but parts were taken out of the box and not much new added. . .
MVC-014S-1.jpg

MVC-013S.jpg

MVC-015S-1.jpg

First model I have built in quite sometime.

Very cool. If this is the first model in a long time, you clearly have not lost your skills. She's really nicely dirtied.

Hey, aren't we fielding these things in Afghanistan?

AHHH I CAN"T STOP!!!

MVC-028S.jpg

MVC-029S.jpg

MVC-035S.jpg

MVC-038S-1.jpg

This is of course for work and not just for the fun of it. . . .No Really!

Mac said:
This is of course for work and not just for the fun of it. . . .No Really!

It's great when work and fun intersect... :)

Yes, yes it is! ;D
Now I am off to the grind again!
More figures and a Bf 109 for the group build.

Hey! Those are great! Do you actually play 40k? Or just doing their models? They actually have some great vehicle models.

Haha man, I love that barb wire bits on the first tank you've posted here. Very great. Nice work man.

Dreamknight,
To say I play 40K would be a great injustice to those that can actually toss a die!
All I do is what a proper IG does. . .give other teams points.
We had a mini Tournament yesterday and I not only went down to defeat, I was totally destroyed.
*Heavy Sigh* Better buy more Leman Russ'

Mac said:
Dreamknight,
To say I play 40K would be a great injustice to those that can actually toss a die!
All I do is what a proper IG does. . .give other teams points.
We had a mini Tournament yesterday and I not only went down to defeat, I was totally destroyed.
*Heavy Sigh* Better buy more Leman Russ'

LOL! Time to whip out some loaded die. ;) But then again, maybe it's time to switch over to say... marines or chaos? Even nids! At least you'll have some sort of fighting chance! :( but knowing you IG guys, you'll never switch. Once an IG, IG to the end, right?

It was worse for IG back in the first and second editions when I did nothing but play WH. Had an IG friend. He'd always complain about loosing. We tried to convince him to switch to something else but he never budged. IG till the end. If nothing, you IG guys are fanatical about being IG. :)

What gets me is IG has won 'Ard Boyz the past two years!!!
But the rules are what get me the most, I mean why bother for a range of 72 inches and have to have the model on the board? Or a range of over 200 inches? I say buy the piece and get off board artillery!
Nah that makes sense!

Mac said:
What gets me is IG has won 'Ard Boyz the past two years!!!
But the rules are what get me the most, I mean why bother for a range of 72 inches and have to have the model on the board? Or a range of over 200 inches? I say buy the piece and get off board artillery!
Nah that makes sense!

'Ard Boyz run 2000+ games right? I've never played in GW circuit. I normally don't do circuit gaming other than MTG a few years back so I'm not sure which comp are which in the GW circuit. I just hear about them once in a while. But 2000+ tends to be over kill unless you restrict the lists to be more conservative. Let me guess. At this comp, people just throwing down Low Cost/Big Die oners and just tromp over each other? Sounds pretty boring to me. lol I haven't play 40K for a while now and I'm already missing the old days.

Cool stuff. Are these kits that you have to assemble or do them come assembled and you paint?

They are real live (?) plastic models you must assemble, with glue and paint. Not a lot of parts, but fun to paint up. They are just big game pieces.
MVC-056S.jpg
DK, I am a real noob to this type of gaming and am not really up to speed on the rules, which all seem dumb to me.
No organized tournaments, just fun ones at the store, meant to get me up to speed on the games, but in reality a chance for everyone to beat the store owner!!

Latest posts

Back