Well...I'm actually working on my Ma.k Fireball

DXM

Actually it's an original Nitto.
Nice little build but it needs that little extra.
Modified the kit so I can separate the body from the legs. I didn't want to have to glue the complete kit together to paint.

really cool. what technique did you use for the textured surface?? it looks great!

The cast texture was added by spreading solvent glue on the surface and stipple with either a wire brush for more course texture or an old toothbrush for finer casting. Work in small section, it does matter if the plastic forms little balls and clumps together, let the surface dry/harden, and using sandpaper knock down the high points. You can go back and apply glue again and restipple random areas with the opposite brush to get a more uneven surface. If you are carfully enough you can save all the kits details, the casting number under the arm or the fine engraves lines for the access doors.

The weld seams are Green Stuff ( blue/yellow epoxy putty ) rolled onto a fine thread and layed into the corners. It can be tricky, it will stick to eveything except the model :mad: Wet your knife and position the epoxy rope with into the corners. With a wet knife press the putty in to the corner so it sticks. .Let it sit for a while ( 20 min. or so ). To make the weld texture, I'll usually use a pencil and carve the graphite into a chisel shape and use this to put the ridges into the putty bead. This method will give you a rough generic weld bead.
Hope this helps.

Awesome work DXM 8), your welds are great and placed in in a very well thought out manner and the thruster bells are sick :eek: :eek:. Lookin forward to this being painted mak on bro dope work sofar you got it down....

Looks good DXM. I agree with Mario, the touch ups and additions to the Nitto kit look great.

Got a little more done on the Fireball.
I'm trying for the first time the hairspray method but not with the salt. On the rust layer, put down a layer of Future Wax ( Gloss ) to seal and then spray hairspray on the Future. Over all this you paint your final colours. After it dries you soak small areas with warm water and this will soften the paint and dissolves the hairspray, with toothpicks and stiff brushes you scratch and remove the top layer of paint to expose the rust colour below. It's more time consuming than the salt method but you have more control of where the rust/chipping goes.

For more WIP's
http://picasaweb.google.com/DragomirsWorkbench/MaKZbV3000MaschinenKriegerFIREBALLSAFSSpaceType#

[attachment deleted by admin]

I still have to spray a camo pattern of Dark Sea Gray and final touch will be a skull on the dome.
The shading doesn't really show in the photo but after you seal the paint it darken a little a becomes noticeable.

Finished applying the Gray. I have to do a touch up, while trying to photograph the Fireball the leg section fell on to the floor and one of the boot seam cracked. :mad: :mad: :mad: I'll try to use paint as a filler and gentle sanding.

I was thinking, since it's a space type suit that he would him breaching a hole in the hull of some sort of spacecraft/freighter. Metal floor and walls that are torn and blown out behind him. Lets me play around with charred, rusted and twisted metals. The Fireball will definitely have a skull painted on the dome.

Yeah, I really like the base idea. Model is looking good. Looking forward to your paint chipping results.

Finally got some time to do a little painting.
Painted the skull on the dome and was going to paint the lower jaw. For a couple of day I was looking at the masking and the lower jaw gave the skull a really dopey smile so I'm leaving it off.
You can see that hair spray technique I'm using works, there are a few spots that the gray lifted and the rust showed through.

Latest posts

Back