WAVE S.A.F.S. Snowman Staff Sergeant David Woodwards

Re: "The Show Must Go On!" Re-painting decals, ID Bands and orangey bits!

LINCOLN,

WoW !! Please Keep posting ! This is Great Stuff ! I personally Dig th Heck out of th Ma.K stuff & kick My self for never gettin any of this Waaay Back in th day when it first showed up. Now I just gotta break away form the Armor for a minute & get one of these !!

Great techniques ! I dig it. I agree with Schweinhund, Great Job, It's hard to believe it's hand Painted !! Smokin' Bro !!

Taking a closer look at the finish makes me think that it is easier to do with hand painting.

That's an amazing texture you get with the hand painting techniqe. Very cool.

Very awesome.

Fantastic Snowman Linc!
But..... you hear that from me once a week ;D
I must say you are a huge inspiration for me... Fantastic pictures BTW..I've been meaning to say.

thanks a bunch guys, glad you like it! It's almost finished - working on it right now to take to a party tonight we are holding for Mig Jimenez and his lovely GF whom are visiting us in Tokyo right now.

Will get back to posting over the coming weekend.

Cheers,

Linc

Do the finished models stay here in the WIP thread?

Snowman-David-Eggplant-6_2.jpg

S.A.F.S. Staff Sergeant David Woodwards “Snowman” from Eggplant 6 Squadron. After the successful raid on Old Darwin, April 14th 2885, David was tapped to play a pivotal role in the liberation of Nu Canberra the following winter, August 22nd, 2885 by leading the initial Reconnaissance in Force Squadron to contact through the outskirts of the battered city to locate and identify anti-armour and anti-suit defences employed by the beleaguered Strahl Forces left guarding the city. Acquitting himself and his unit admirably, Woodwards went on to enjoy further successes with the Mercenary Arms Forces. Even though he's plastic and only around 6 inches tall.

Special thanks again to David Woods (DWartist) for painting the figure head again as per the first David Woodwards SAFS suit I did here, I asked David to kindly do me another one to keep a uniform look between the models which he has done admirably, along with a very nice and subtle shift in the skull cap colours to a lovely warm, leathery brown. Please do check out his painting blog often, David does excellent work across a plethora, yes I said plethora, of scales. http://www.dwartist.blogspot.com/

Also a timely thanks to Mig Jimenez whom happened to be in Tokyo just as I finished the white-wash and before I had started weathering, emphasising I should do more mud effects on the legs and color contrasts on the leg power pipes this time. I agree!!

Lastly, thanks to anyone reading this far!! ^^

Linc

Snowman-David-Eggplant-6_9.jpg

Snowman-David-Eggplant-6_6.jpg

Snowman-David-Eggplant-6_7.jpg

Snowman-David-Eggplant-6_8.jpg

Snowman-David-Eggplant-6_10.jpg

Snowman-David-Eggplant-6_1.jpg

Snowman-David-Eggplant-6_3.jpg

Snowman-David-Eggplant-6_4.jpg

Snowman-David-Eggplant-6_5.jpg

That was weird, if another copy of this thread shows up in the old name... It was some other guy.... He he, sorry! It disappeared for awhile there or I was abducted again. Happens so often I hardly notice...

This is great work indeed! I am new to the Ma.K world but am really enjoying the Polar Bear suit I am building for the contest. Really enjoyed looking through this thread and really wished I had seen it before I started mine :)

Some great stuff indeed...I really like this kit and would like to pick it up next.

You never stop to amaze me and inspire at the same time. Your work is superb.
Best Regards my friend.
Cheers
Lukasz

Thanks guys, really appreciate the positive feedback and kind words.

Jeeves - I'd like to help as much as I can and share my experience and techniques. I was able to document a little but as you can imagine, it take a bit from opening the box to getting one to look like this. I've got it all photographed and notes jotted down, 300 plus photos, and am talking with some places to have it published in an easy to follow and digest way. My first choice is here in Japan so I could have it down in both languages but it's a little slow here and often difficult to sell the idea of bilingual content in English/Japanese.

I have a bunch of friends in Europe too but don't know the US market all that well, so if you guys know someone, please don't hesitate to give me a shout!!

Cheers,

Lincoln

Latest posts

Back