Waterline marker decals?

nicholassagan

sippin on gin + juice
Does anyone know where to find waterline decals for 1/600 ships? Or any place that might even have name decals for ships? I have the Revell Queen Mary (1) and it didn't come with those markings...

Don't recall waterline decals in my online travels. I would think some practice on scrap or paper with your AB is in order here Nick. And you clearly have the skills to pull this off without a hitch.

Thanks G! That warms my heart... :)

BUT as I was getting ready to toss out the box, a little slip of decals fell out...that included not only the ship name decals but the waterline ones as well.

qm_img_5666.jpg

Good recovery! Always check a box, before throwing it out ;D

To answer your original question, though, since it's a Revell kit, you could check with their costumer service online and see if you could get a replacement sheet. Beyond that, Gold Medal Models has several decal sheets available on their website (http://www.goldmm.com/ships/ShipDecl.htm), including sets of generic markings in various scale ranges, which include waterline markings. So, if don't feel inclined to try masking and airbrushing the waterline--which is also a very valid resolution--GMM's decals might work.

Hope that helps for future reference!

Latest posts

Back