"War & Peace" - 1/35 WWI and after war diorama

tigrazor

audentes fortuna iuvat.
War is so unjust and ugly that all who wage it must try to stifle the voice of conscience within themselves.

[Tolstoi]

Like the title says, this diorama contains two sides - on the one side a trench, on the other side a cemetery with a young woman standing in front of a cross. Both figures and MG come fromICM, the figure of the Ma'am is a MasterBox figure.

Some weeks the WIP was halted, but today I received my Austro-Hungarian figures for cheap, and finally I can continue here.

The whole trench is scratchbuild, including the sand bags. I decided to remove the MG nest cover again due to fitting problems. On the other hand this is a so highly detailed one, would be a pity if you dont see it completely!

The base was primed with a red brown from a rattle can. Then the wooden boards, sticks etc. were painted with Testors "Earth", a dark brown washing and highlighting followed. Two signs from a Verlinden sheet for some more details in the trench - voilá!

Hi there...

The first figure came out pretty good imho. Basic color was Humbrol Azure Blue, followed by a Nuln Oil washing (GW), highlights were done with Tamiya XF-18. That color is pretty the same like the Humbrol one, but slightly brighter. Skin tones were painted with Testors "Earth", a tip from a good friend. Same washing here.

I dont know the exact scale of the large backpack. This and a scratchbuilt name plate followed. The lettering was painted by hand, sealed with a coat of clear.

Thanks for watching...

Lucas.

I had a bit trouble with the Schwarzlose MG. Although the ICM MG is very detailed, the box and the instructions dont show how its "feeded" - from the lef or from the right? In most cases its from the right, but I wanted to make that sure! So I googled a bit and found these two pictures:

Perfect! The NCO came together very nicely, but needed some retouching at the end. Nothings impossible! I added some PlusModel rats for more realism, and an ammo box standing next to the Schwarzlose MG. The gren area was decorated with some colored birch seed.

Diorama is complete...

kampf-fertig-01_zpsc3e1c37e.jpg

kampf-fertig-10_zpse89ccf23.jpg

kampf-fertig-09_zps9205102c.jpg

kampf-fertig-08_zps1dcfc83f.jpg

kampf-fertig-04_zpsd9be5be7.jpg

kampf-fertig-03_zps02b7e04d.jpg

kampf-fertig-06_zpsc09cd43f.jpg

kampf-fertig-02_zpsae147483.jpg

Latest posts

Back