walrus

zappa

Hi everyone,

Build this last month a walrus mk I (air fix, 1/72)
my first ever weathering and rigging.
The rigging is not good i used stretched sprue but some are nice and thin some are thicker,
i just wanted to get it done looks good enough for now, i have a 1/48 smer walrus in my very modest stash to.
Maybe someone with rigging experience can give some good tips.

thanks

zappa

image_zps1bad0642.jpg
image_zps23791f5f.jpg

Sweet. Looks great man. I don't really have rigging tips...looks great.

I guess all you can do is stretch spruce as thin and consistent as possible...which it appears you have done.

I tried once and didn't get as nice a finish as this.

Zappa, Great Walrus. Nice paintwork, and Love the crewmen...I'm a fan of populated aircraft.
The rigging looks good for stretched sprue. What I use is an item I picked up at the craftstore.
If you have a Michaels or an A.C. Moore store, go to the Bead section. They make a thin guage wire
for beading projects that works terrific. Hope this helps you out. Bill

This month's FSM had a tip on using something called EZ Line for rigging on models. It's a scale telephone/telegraph pole wire specifically for model railroads, and it's elastic too. I'll be using it on a Lanc I just started for the antenna wire. Look for it at model railroad shops, etc.

Looks great man. I don't have any experience with rigging either. But have thought about using guitar string when I look to attempt such a model.

Latest posts

Back