Votom St-Tortoise

Leighbo

Reaction score
Hi guys

Thought I'd throw my hat in the ring with the Votom St-Tortoise from the 1980s tv show.

Its a nice kit, a little toy like but it goes together well and leaves plenty of scope for upgrading. There are plenty of big join seams which need sanding but it will all be worth it! Also the joints are moveable which will help as i will be putting it on a vignette as yet undecided

Junkie

Reaction score
Awesome, this could go in tons of directions.

Grendels

Reaction score
Nice!! I love some mecha builds. Looking forward to what you do with it.

Leighbo

Reaction score
Hi guys

Been getting stuck in to the tortoise, it's gone together well enough but the seams were on every part which meant gluing, waiting for the glue to dry, sanding, fine sanding then onto the next part time after time.

I also had to work on the hand detail, as you can see on the first picture the detail was there bit hidden so I went to work with the back of a scalpel and carved out the gaps

Anyway the neastie is all together, I added some greeblie and also heavily modifed the rocket launcher too. I think I will add some more detail before I'm done.

The vignette base however is not coming together too well, I can't get the ideas I had in my head into reality yet so I'll have to keep pondering on it as its doing my head in at the moment

Thanks for looking

Grendels

Reaction score
These types of kits are full of seam issues, you are doing a great job with this one!

Biskup

Reaction score
Did you paint it yet ;)
I just can't wait for the paint job :)

Leighbo

Reaction score
Ground to a halt on this one Biskup.

I painted it and tried a camo scheme which didn't turn out well. I seem to be jinxed on group builds they rarely go well!

I will have to try and get back into this one

Biskup

Reaction score
ooo don't give up. Keep it going.
Also don't worry. I just started watching this show and they even had pink robots there. So the Camo couldn't be that bad :p

Latest posts