Vormarsch!

FAUST

Ola Guys

I want to showcase another of my recent finished projects. Finished a few weeks back is this small diorama. Often when you look at other peoples diorama's you kinda get the idea that WW2 was just a collection of really funny annecdotes and odd things happening. Making it almost 5 enjoyable years with people falling off tanks and drinking, making fun etc.. Nothing wrong with that but I wanted to make a scene that could have been lifted out of newsreel footages and period photographs. A lot of these show endless lines of marching soldiers. columns stretching over miles and miles. I wanted it to look like a freeze frame of one of those columns on the move.
The left soldier and the right soldier of the column in the foreground both have a foot outside the frame almost to show that they just happened to walk in front of the camera when the picture was made. And also to indicate that they are part of something much larger.

Ok enough talk here are the pictures.
Steyr250_086.jpg

Steyr250_087.jpg

Steyr250_088.jpg

Steyr250_089.jpg

Steyr250_090.jpg

Steyr250_091.jpg

Steyr250_092.jpg

Steyr250_093.jpg

Steyr250_094.jpg

Steyr250_095.jpg

Steyr250_096.jpg

Steyr250_097.jpg

As always looking forward to hear any feedback.

With friendly greetz

Robert Blokker

Very nice! Love the guy putting his coat on, the telegraph wires, the rope on the goats neck. And your right why do manufactures supply figs in kits just hanging out laughing having a jolly good time (Hypocriticly I built a whole dio doing just that lol, Nazi's just chilling and playing with dogs etc).
I also like the guys 'stepping out of frame' as well.
:)

Ola guys

Thanks for the compliments.

@ merseajohn
Well obviously fun stuff happened in WW2. And there were probably also a lot of moments where people got raving drunk. That is kinda what a soldier does when he has got nothing to do. But somehow a lot of modelers kinda choose to only built the funny tales. Your dio idea with the nazi's just toying around sounds really fun. I at one point had an idea to collect every figure that is pointing in some direction and having them all stand around a map having a lengthy discussion where to move next. ;D ;D

Very cool! Great details, I really like the way the lines and goat leash is being pulled from something outside the frame!

Erik

@ Erik
Thanks a lot for the compliments. Doing those powerlines and the goat leash was fun to do allthough sometimes quite tricky. Especially those powerlines. They tended to rotate down on their own accord. That took me some evenings to get it right.

@ Bullardino
Hehehe... I always enjoy it when people notice that. I always like to sign my work with my own (Screen)name. Sometimes it is FAUST sometimes it is a form of my full name. I usually like to hide it a bit better though.

wow, that is one beautiful work of art! definitely something to aspire to when i build my own dioramas!

Latest posts

Back