Video editing software and tools recommendations

Tanker52

Currently I use Windows Movie Maker to make my videos. WMM freezes up and runs slow... :mad:... I have been searching for some other video software to use. I do not want to spend over $100 bucks. Yea I know I am cheap but I would spend little more of it worth it in the long run. I have been looking at Magix Movie Edit Pro 17 HD. Does anyone know about this product? Also, I found a web site Movietools.info. Here is the link http://movietools.info/ Does anyone use this software or what do you recommend for video animation backgrounds?

I can highly recommend Sony Vegas.. the studio edition, not pro... you can download it.. try it and buy a license quite cheaply and it has direct upload to youtube options etc..
Its also got a nifty trick where you can create a project using the video settings from a file recorded on your camera so there is very little conversion... just makes things easier for newbies...
+ its really simple and fast to use!

Before I switched to Mac and Final Cut, I used Avid Studio, it's around $129. I tried them all on the Windows side, and found Avid was the easiest to use.

-Steven

COREL Video Studio x5 is very affordable ! 99$ for the standard version. A little more for the Pro. you get a whole slew of Gizmos and fonts and special effects if you go that route !

Thanks for sharing the other brands available out there.... Always looking for something faster and better for cheaper...

I'll chip in here as well.

Although I have Sony Vegas Studio Pro, I've never used it.

What I've been using on my Windows platform is AVS Video Editor.
It's simple and easy to use.
You can find tutorials for all their stuff on their website or on YouTube.

http://www.avs4you.com/

you can download and try it.
If you like it and buy the license, be aware that that license is good for all their products, AVS, Video Converter, Audio Converter, etc.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I have some more research to do before I purchase. I let you all know what I decide.

Good luck with it.
Me, based on Grendel's suggestions, I've been using Corel Video Studio Pro.
I like the interface and the functionality

Does Corel Studio have the capability to use .MOV and convert if needed? I've been using Wax and its kinda finicky.

P.S.----I just finished taping my first OOB Review for the Cylon Raider, once I get the video and the audio mated up and rendered I'll be uploading it to mein YouTubes

Excellent. Might have to grab a copy this weekend I have some rewards certificates sitting around

Works awesome, just posted my video on YouTube. The program is a little tempremental and I'm glad I use Audacity to pre-cut my voice track at the marker before trying to sync it up with my video mark. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll prob buy Corel once the 30 days is up !

Been absent for some time... My computer needed an upgrade. I had to wipe my computer clean and install Windows 7. Everything is working as expected now...

@TBadger good questions on the .mov files. That is the file type my camera uses.

@Grendels thanks for the link of the the trial version of Corel. I will have to check this out. Also, thanks for trying the .mov file. This is good news that I do not need other software to convert my .mov files.

Drum roll.................I decided to purchase Corel VideoStudio Pro X5. So far I like what I see with this video-editing software. I have many options and choices to create titles, sounds, and visual effects etc. So far very easy to use. Uploading to you tube was simple and it took about 25 minutes to upload. I still have lot to learn about the software and look forward now to making videos in the future.

Latest posts

Back