Verlinden Productions Wounded GI and Medic

Big-John

So, I’ve been playing with this little Vignette over the years. The Italeri Gate section started off as a practice piece to try some paint colors and weathering. It then started to involve into a little more when I ran across the neat little wood base. I then found a scrap section of cobblestone to add to the base.

I could never make up my mind as to what kind of figures to use on this little project. I settled on Verlinden Productions Wounded & Medic US WWII #2803 as I feel it’s the perfect size to fill the space in front of the gate wall perfectly.

My plan is to refine the weathering on the gate wall with some current techniques I have learned in recent years.

This is the gate wall with base and cobblestone section.
VPMedic-1_zps9c4a4443.jpg

The Verlinden Productions #2803 Wounded GI and Medic.
VPMedic-2_zps6ea80816.jpg

The resin pieces all laid out. There is plenty of detail for painting!

VPMedic-3_zpsca959fd5.jpg

And finally, the figures laid out on the base to get a feel of how they will fit.

VPMedic-4_zps29bd3549.jpg

The base was given some ground cover using epoxy putty with a little sand sprinkled over it for texture.

VPMedic-5_zps43a96524.jpg

Then the figures and gate wall section were pressed into the groundwork. The wall and medic will be removed for painting, but the wounded GI is a permanent fixture now.

VPMedic-6_zps46714c63.jpg

Hi John, Thanks mate!

The base and figures were given a coat of automotive primer from a rattle can. I now have a clear path to start adding color.

VPMedic-7_zps0c1ab2b2.jpg

VPMedic-8_zpsc846a942.jpg

Latest posts

Back