USS Voyager Build

ModelMakerMike said:
Steve Neill swears by dental acrylic...
Where do you find it, and is it easy to work with?

got it on ebay, i have a video loading that will show how it works and that kind of stuff. I got a few bubbles but i THINK it was avoidable.

A nice update here, from my research on Voyager, I found that the plating should be different colors. Not criticizing your build. Just letting you know what I have found. What you are doing looks great!

Grendels said:
A nice update here, from my research on Voyager, I found that the plating should be different colors. Not criticizing your build. Just letting you know what I have found. What you are doing looks great!

Yes it is. But now im confused- i am painting the panels different colors just for that reason. My only real difference was that instead of using a darker color of light ghost gray im using a grey-brown color. i want the model to have a two tone look. Do you mean the plating should be more than two colors??

I was under a false impression. I did a search for Voyager and found out that the studio model did have some different colors on the panels, but nothing like I thought.

Just do a search on USS voyager studio model you will find plenty of reference.

I love the color choices, and the lighting seems to be flawless so far... Keep on the good work.

My friends..... I have said some pics will be up soon, but a turn of events will delay progress. If you have heard of the RIMFIRE in Tuolumne county, CA You know its a bad situation. Today it was around 160,000(thats right) acres and 1-2% contained. This morning the fire was about ten miles from MY house and moving our direction. We have been given an advisory evacuation notice, which basically means be prepaired to go. It doesnt look good. My wife and i are packing up what is most important to us, and when that is done I am going to try to save what i can from the Hobby i love. Voyager will come with me though, i have given too much of myself to that ship to leave her. I hope this post finds you well my friends... I dont know what the future holds but we are being positive that everything will work out in the end. Best wishes to all

Latest posts

Back