USS Voyager Build

Hey guys its been a while but im starting to get back into the groove of things. Im working on Revell's Voyager kit. It should be fun! Gonna try out a lot of new things for me on this kit. Here is just a few Pics of the kit and my box of goodies for it. Hope you guys like it! More to come soon!

DSC00176_zps1a37e096.jpg
DSC00177_zpsd6b58323.jpg

Some of those goodies look really familiar....
That etch set is really good for this one

Quaralane said:
Some of those goodies look really familiar....
That etch set is really good for this one

I bet! I saw your build too, really good work on the aeroshuttle part. Mine wont have it though...

Looks like you are all set and ready to go! Looking forward to your version of Voyager.

The kit's 1/677 scale.
Be careful in lighting the nacelle struts, as you'll need to remove a section of those hinge sprues in order to get the wiring and lighting into the engines.

The original version of the Voyager kit had an opaque deflector cast as one piece with the housing. Don's kit was designed to correct that flaw

What you have is the "Special Edition" version of the kit.

Shuttles are from Federation Models.

amateurmodeler said:
Nice start! I'm doing the spoon ship myself after these enterprises are done.

Nice! Ive got a 1/350 refit but im scared to touch it next. Gonna build a few others first. I have a Reliant on the way and im looking at any enterprise B-E trying to decide...

Have you been watching Steve Neil and his build of the Reliant? He is having quite a bit of trouble with it. Also, the refit is probably the hardest of the three 1/350 enterprise models.

I have John, I know the reliant is tough but I have no desire to have the shuttle bay in at this time, so i believe the doors will be closed. That will make it easier but we will see. I like the detail it shows. Yeah the Refit might be the hardest but (dont shoot me) I dont have any interest in the TOS enterprise and im on the fence with the NX-01. Im gonna build it as the Enterprise A though

Quaralane said:
Brings back memories.....

From what im about to go through for my windows i think the memories were not so pleasant??? ;D
I know im taking the longer route but my hands are not steady enough and i dont have the best dremel to perfectly cut out the windows. This works best for me

Nice steady progress. Cutting out the windows on any model can be a daunting task.......

greyphantom1000 said:
Quaralane said:
Brings back memories.....

From what im about to go through for my windows i think the memories were not so pleasant??? ;D
I know im taking the longer route but my hands are not steady enough and i dont have the best dremel to perfectly cut out the windows. This works best for me
--nods--
I definitely understand that.
The tedious part was going back in and filling all of those windows with Micro krystal Clear

greyphantom1000 said:
gonna give the dental acrylic a shot. Got a bottle of the crystal clear just in case though

I am interested in seeing how that dental acrylic works...

Latest posts

Back