USS Enterprise ***Finished Pics!!!

trekriffic

Well my fellow nerd herders, after 4 months or so I'm finally calling this one done. This is the 1/1000 scale Polar Lights kit built as the production series Enterprise. Hope everyone enjoys these images taken with my Canon DSLR camera under natural lighting conditions.

Outdoor pics taken on an overcast day; perfect for showing the true color.
The thing that strikes me is the model looks much bigger than actual size in these images:

IMG_1487.jpg
IMG_1492.jpg
IMG_1494.jpg
IMG_1495.jpg
IMG_1522.jpg

In the garage:
IMG_1526.jpg
IMG_1529.jpg
IMG_1538.jpg

Pics against a neutral backdrop with the lights on:

IMG_1673.jpg
IMG_1677.jpg
IMG_1674.jpg
IMG_1675.jpg
IMG_1684.jpg
IMG_1680-1.jpg
IMG_1686.jpg

On the dispaly stand:
IMG_1694.jpg
IMG_1693.jpg
IMG_1693.jpg
IMG_1696.jpg

Fantastic Job! Capt. Pike and Admiral Kirk would be PROUD! ;D

Certainly does look much bigger than she is! Fantastic work, looks perfect! And those pics are truly glorious. 8)

I didn't know she was rated for atmo flight! Oh wait. . . it's a model, not the real thing! Great work, I'd better not let my Mrs see this or she'll want you to build her one. :)

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. This model was a pleasure to build and really fun to photograph. She literally looks good from every angle. Here are some pics I took of her in space...

A visit to Andor...

IMG_1644-GE6.jpg

IMG_1643-GE4.jpg

IMG_1652-GE8.jpg

IMG_1638-GE2.jpg

I call this sequence "Kirk's Bad Day" or "What to do when you discover your phasers are out of commision"...

IMG_1654-GE9.jpg

IMG_1662-GE13.jpg

IMG_1658-GE11.jpg

IMG_1655-GE9.jpg

IMG_1656-GE10.jpg

IMG_1657-GE11.jpg

IMG_1624-31.jpg

IMG_1670-GE16.jpg

IMG_1671-GE16.jpg

IMG_1669-GE15.jpg

Trekriffic I don't think you realize it but I think you stumbled along an expansion of the hobby and that's post build pics with a background setting. I know guys, including myself, that have photographed their work once their finished but it's something I think everybody can partake in to get the full effect a build can have on people. Your pics look awesome and easily trick the eye into thinking it's the studio scale filming model. Well done.

Those space shots are really well done!!! I love it. Kirk does a runner, but if I know him, he's got something up his sleeve. ;D

Excellent !

I almost hear the background music ;D

Thanks for the great comments everyone. Those space shots were done using black foamcore board for the backdrop. The stars were made using a stiff bristle brush and fluorescent white acrylic paint. I'd dip the brush in the paint and pull back on the bristles with my forefinger to spatter paint onto the board. Sometimes the drops were too big and ran so I had to rub the paint off with a wet cloth but for the most part it worked really well. The blue planet was a beachball I got at Toys R US years ago when I first tried this technique. The Klingon battlecruiser is the 1/1600 scale ship from the old AMT Adversary Set.

Very well done. It looked photoshopped to me. I would have never guessed that was a beach ball.

Latest posts

Back