USS Enterprise E from Star Trek Nemesis

Quaralane

Reaction score
Seems to be coming. Likely looks less bright in person

Hagoth

Reaction score
I have this kit as well. Interested to watch your progress. Lighting is looking very good so far.

trekriffic

Reaction score
Did some work on the quantum torpedo port...

A slot was drilled and filed out previously for the quantum torpedo launch port which is just above the Captain’s yacht in the underside of the saucer. The port will glow blue thanks to a transparent blue styrene part leftover from the 1/350 TOS Enterprise light kit. The part was glued in behind the opening with epoxy. It will be lit with a 2mm LED:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Quantum Torpedo Port
by Steve J, on Flickr

I glued the K size power jack into the secondary hull with epoxy. Later I’ll pack some AVES Apoxy Sculpt in around it for added strength:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Power Jack Installed
by Steve J, on Flickr

The inboard and outboard pylon halves were glued together with Testors tube glue for both pylons:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Pylon Inboard Half Attached
by Steve J, on Flickr

After spraying with adhesion promoter followed by Krylon Grey primer I will attach the upper nacelle grill halves using metal foil adhesive which is basically a tacky white glue. This water based glue will not craze clear plastic parts. I had already painted the raised center strip with Krylon white primer over Krylon flat black for light blocking down the middle of the clear covers:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Nacelle Grill PE
by Steve J, on Flickr

Took about two hours to finish gluing and cleaning up the brass nacelle grills with isopropyl alcohol on a cotton swab. The metal foil adhesive makes a sticky mess and there’s no way to avoid getting it on the painted side of the grills while you work to separate and space the grills while burnishing them down:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Nacelle Grill PE Installed
by Steve J, on Flickr

More to come. Think I’ll work on the impulse engines next.

Latest posts