USS Abaddon-Goliath Class Dreadnought-Now with Links to Finished Pics and Video

I’ve been writing a photo novel based on a lost episode idea from STTOS. It centers around the USS Abaddon and a fleet of Klingon warships attacking an earth colony. I call it “The Battle of Sherman’s Planet” but it has grown into much more than that over the course of almost 300 images. The novel features many of my models including the Abaddon, the Enterprise, Klingon D-7 battlecruisers and a Romulan Bird-of-Prey. I also use stills from the original episodes to which I have added my own text and dialogue.
Anyway, I needed to take more pics of the Enterprise and Abaddon to include in my images so thought I would share some of them with you all... Both models are in 1/1000 scale...

USS Abaddon

40553446143_6aac1713ab_b.jpg
USS Abaddon by trekriffic, on Flickr

USS Abaddon
by trekriffic, on Flickr

32583254707_4dec7cf2d9_b.jpg

47472879762_bd54e5cd3d_b.jpg

47472879742_7ef08ffd5e_b.jpg

46610175395_3d06b5b701_b.jpg

USS Enterprise

33661676918_e49a3d1251_b.jpg
USS Enterprise Space by trekriffic, on Flickr

32589733477_46a18f878d_b.jpg

32589733437_c8b26f98fc_b.jpg

USS Enterprise Space
by trekriffic, on Flickr

32589733337_88cab7db82_b.jpg

32589733317_49c65f210a_b.jpg

40572295333_16e229dd7c_b.jpg

40566103843_2e1e2d1156_b.jpg

Here's a link to my album on Flickr! All the images are in the correct order for reading as a graphic novel- just start at the top of page 1 with an image of blue Rigel glowing in space...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/albums/72157668565152677

Last edited:
Nice work , trek .
... doomsday machine armor , huh ?

Yes. The armor is only 2 atoms thick which still gives the dreadnought a mass of 10 billion tons. The ship uses Higgs Field generators/manipulators to adjust its mass to a more manageable 10 million tons; otherwise, she would be unable to maneuver at anything more than a waddle. The novel goes into more detail about that.

Last edited:
you have the math to prove this ?
LOL .
What gray did you use to paint the Enterprise ? - bottled or your own mix ?
I still need to paint the Polar Lights kit I built of her . ,, she's still in white primer .

The Enterprise was painted with gloss enamel "tractor paint" - ACE Hardware 193-D "Shady Cove".
I bought a quart of it at the hardware store. Takes days to dry but talk about a durable finish.
It's intended for use painting farm equipment - or anything that's outdoors exposed to the elements.
It's one of the colors Paul Newitt mentioned in his article about the color of the studio model:

https://culttvman.com/main/what-color-is-the-classic-enterprise-by-paul-m-newitt/

I could easily see this ship appearing in my Trek fancomic The Flight Of The Condor, as it would fit the blending of TOS and TMP styles I was doing before my laptop crapped out. The idea was it takes place between TOS and TMP, and the Condor's 5 yr mission would end between TMP and STII. So at the start of the story Starfleet is already introducing the design ethos seen in the films, though I was also gonna toss a hint or two that it MAY also be in and alternate universe that is a tweaked version of Phase II. I have no plans to make a definitive call on if it does or doesn't however.

But that and many other comic projects are in limbo till I can get the laptop fixed.:(

Anyhow, great job and very cool tweak of the classic dreadnaught design. I'd like to see one at 1/350!

Anyhow, great job and very cool tweak of the classic dreadnaught design. I'd like to see one at 1/350!
Thanks for the compliments! A 1/350 Abaddon would be quite the undertaking. Not sure I have the time or resources to build such a beast.
On another note, I recently found a set of decals I’d forgotten about that I had a buddy over on AST print up for a 1/1000 USS GOLIATH. That’s the sister ship to the Abaddon that was presumed destroyed during a battle with Klingon forces. I say “presumed“ because no debris was ever found,
Anyway, now that I found the decals, the 1/1000 Goliath will be my next Dreadnought build.

Thanks for the compliments! A 1/350 Abaddon would be quite the undertaking. Not sure I have the time or resources to build such a beast.
On another note, I recently found a set of decals I’d forgotten about that I had a buddy over on AST print up for a 1/1000 USS GOLIATH. That’s the sister ship to the Abaddon that was presumed destroyed during a battle with Klingon forces. I say “presumed“ because no debris was ever found,
Anyway, now that I found the decals, the 1/1000 Goliath will be my next Dreadnought build.
Sweet! Can't wait to see it.

Latest posts

Back