USCHI van der Rostes's Track Burnishing Fluid

Awsome Erik, been waiting to see it, its class stuff, ill defo be using it again.,

SPUD,

What's shakin' brotha' !! Thanx for th Kind words !! Yeah ... I love this stuff better than Blacken-It !! Fo-Sho !! It's cleaner, leaves a cleaner, natural look on th trax & it can be reused ... It might take a lil longer to get th results ... but still says You some Coin !!

\m/

hehe aye it sure is ill be trying it again when i get hold of some T34/85 tracks for my Su-85M

Is this the same stuff that AK is bottling? I know their camo mask is repackaged from this same company (I think anyway, if I am wrong on this please someone correct me, thought I read that somewhere though), so I would think this would be the same?

Wonder how different this is from Blacken It? I know with Blacken It, you definitely didn't leave your tracks in it for more than an hr or so.

Had a customer leave a set in over night.....woke up to a grey/black grimy soup.....the Blacken It had completely dissolved his tracks! LOL

Tried to blame me, said I sold him defective tracks/solution, when I asked if he read the instructions on the Blacken It, he replied that he did, however when I pointed out that he then must have read the warning in the instructions to NOT leave anything in the solution for more the 30mins at a time.

lol plonker ;D

And yes AK are botteling it same as the Masks

Elm City Hobbies said:
Is this the same stuff that AK is bottling? I know their camo mask is repackaged from this same company (I think anyway, if I am wrong on this please someone correct me, thought I read that somewhere though), so I would think this would be the same?

Wonder how different this is from Blacken It? I know with Blacken It, you definitely didn't leave your tracks in it for more than an hr or so.

Had a customer leave a set in over night.....woke up to a grey/black grimy soup.....the Blacken It had completely dissolved his tracks! LOL

Tried to blame me, said I sold him defective tracks/solution, when I asked if he read the instructions on the Blacken It, he replied that he did, however when I pointed out that he then must have read the warning in the instructions to NOT leave anything in the solution for more the 30mins at a time.

Exactly what SPUD said. Since AK has cobranded with USCHI on this. It is exactly the same burnishing fluid. There's even a nod to Uschi on Their label.

As far as The Blacken-It .... I did a side by Side test ... Here is th run of track that I dropped in Blacken-it & left it in there for the same amount of time. I prepped both runs exactly th same - Distilled Vinegar Bath( over night) , rinse in water , dry , Dip in th "Bath Tub". The Blacken-It , compared to USCHI's had a ton of sediment build up fast. to the point that after 12 minutes I couldn't see th track runs. Plus when th trax came out they were too "rusty " for My personal taste & I really did Dig th patina that came out of the USCHI fluid. ! Also the Blacken-It really didn't get down into all of the nooks of the Trax as well as the USCHI stuff !!

One more thing ... When th Sets were dry - USCHI's were very smooth to th touch as aposed to the Blacken-It set that felt a lil gritty. Really didn't Dig that !

DSC08821.jpg

USCHI's Trax

DSC08824.jpg
Blacken-It set .

OF course you could choose to leave the Trax in the USCHI solution in longer & Since you cut it 50/50 with tap water, You get twice as much & save it to do another set of trax !

I Highly Recommend it !!

Latest posts

Back