USCHI van der Rostes's Track Burnishing Fluid

spud

Irish and proud of it :)
Reaction score
Awsome Erik, been waiting to see it, its class stuff, ill defo be using it again.,

panzerace007

Reaction score
SPUD,

What's shakin' brotha' !! Thanx for th Kind words !! Yeah ... I love this stuff better than Blacken-It !! Fo-Sho !! It's cleaner, leaves a cleaner, natural look on th trax & it can be reused ... It might take a lil longer to get th results ... but still says You some Coin !!

\m/

spud

Reaction score
hehe aye it sure is ill be trying it again when i get hold of some T34/85 tracks for my Su-85M

Elm City Hobbies

Reaction score
Is this the same stuff that AK is bottling? I know their camo mask is repackaged from this same company (I think anyway, if I am wrong on this please someone correct me, thought I read that somewhere though), so I would think this would be the same?

Wonder how different this is from Blacken It? I know with Blacken It, you definitely didn't leave your tracks in it for more than an hr or so.

Had a customer leave a set in over night.....woke up to a grey/black grimy soup.....the Blacken It had completely dissolved his tracks! LOL

Tried to blame me, said I sold him defective tracks/solution, when I asked if he read the instructions on the Blacken It, he replied that he did, however when I pointed out that he then must have read the warning in the instructions to NOT leave anything in the solution for more the 30mins at a time.

spud

Reaction score
lol plonker ;D

And yes AK are botteling it same as the Masks

panzerace007

Reaction score
Elm City Hobbies said:
Is this the same stuff that AK is bottling? I know their camo mask is repackaged from this same company (I think anyway, if I am wrong on this please someone correct me, thought I read that somewhere though), so I would think this would be the same?

Wonder how different this is from Blacken It? I know with Blacken It, you definitely didn't leave your tracks in it for more than an hr or so.

Had a customer leave a set in over night.....woke up to a grey/black grimy soup.....the Blacken It had completely dissolved his tracks! LOL

Tried to blame me, said I sold him defective tracks/solution, when I asked if he read the instructions on the Blacken It, he replied that he did, however when I pointed out that he then must have read the warning in the instructions to NOT leave anything in the solution for more the 30mins at a time.
Exactly what SPUD said. Since AK has cobranded with USCHI on this. It is exactly the same burnishing fluid. There's even a nod to Uschi on Their label.

As far as The Blacken-It .... I did a side by Side test ... Here is th run of track that I dropped in Blacken-it & left it in there for the same amount of time. I prepped both runs exactly th same - Distilled Vinegar Bath( over night) , rinse in water , dry , Dip in th "Bath Tub". The Blacken-It , compared to USCHI's had a ton of sediment build up fast. to the point that after 12 minutes I couldn't see th track runs. Plus when th trax came out they were too "rusty " for My personal taste & I really did Dig th patina that came out of the USCHI fluid. ! Also the Blacken-It really didn't get down into all of the nooks of the Trax as well as the USCHI stuff !!

One more thing ... When th Sets were dry - USCHI's were very smooth to th touch as aposed to the Blacken-It set that felt a lil gritty. Really didn't Dig that !

USCHI's Trax

Blacken-It set .

OF course you could choose to leave the Trax in the USCHI solution in longer & Since you cut it 50/50 with tap water, You get twice as much & save it to do another set of trax !

I Highly Recommend it !!

fblanton

Reaction score
Excellent Panzerace! Thanks for the pics and vid!