Uploading photos from Photobucket with " image code" , IMG ..HELP !

urumomo

Hey all ,
I'm dead in the water trying to "paste " pics from photobucket using the method described by Scott in his video tutorial below in the thread " uploading photos " started by Longlance67 .
When I click on the IMG avenue to share then return to SMA I can't " paste " anything anywhere .
It shows " copied " when I select it , then ??? It must fall overboard on the trip back
What am I doing wrong . ??? What EXACTLY do I do when I return to the "reply" space here ?

Thanks
Keith

Hi Keith.
In Photobucket click on the image you want, so that it shows in the slide viewer.
To the right you should see a box labeled " Links to Share ", Click on the "IMG" link and it should show "copied".
Return to your reply and on a new line "Right Click" and paste. You should get a long file deposited in that position.
Hit preview post and your post to that point should display as it would in the thread.
I hope this helps.

Jim

Thanks Jim ,
Just messaging with TehKeyser -----I need to hit "Ctrl V" between the [img]
the mouse pad bar on this laptop denies me the paste option .
Thanks guys ;D

::) Well ---- I'm almost there .
We've been conversAting on my GrosserHund thread and thru personal messages ,,, but I'll put this here since I still need help and maybe someone else is having a similar problem here or another site ...
WHICH IS -- my pic posts show up as thumbnails in my thread instead of the big beautiful images my shipmates are enjoying . They can be enlarged with a click - but how do I get them to post full size ? AND if I try to post multiple pics in the same post , it will work for the first pic ( again a thumbnail ) then only post the alphanumerical URL for the remaining photos ? .
Photobucket's help zone ain't no help since it tells me the pic will show up full size here if I do what I've been doing.

Keith try pasting (cntr V) without the IMG tags using the method I described above.

Jim

Jim ,
UHHH . :p :p :p :p bbluhhh my brain is bleeding now so please tell me Exactly How to do this please .
I go to the library ------I gander at the pic thumbnail I want -----THEN ? step by step please

...Scott needs to add a smiley face icon with 'X'd- out eyes ... ..maybe smoke rising from it's crown

OK, in the photobucket library click on the photo thumb that you want and it should display in enlarged format in the slide viewer.
To the right you should see a box labeled "links to share"
Click on the IMG link, then go to your reply box at SMA.
On a new line Paste in the link "CNTR V" if you don't have a right mouse button.
A long string should be displayed at that location.
If you want to preview your message so far hit preview at the bottom , not post, and above should be a copy of your post as it would appear in the thread.
To add another pic add a new line in the edit box and repeat the procedure.

This should get you through it.

Jim

thank you kind sir for your optimism ;) but if I do that it posts a little box with an X in it flanked by hysterical laughter ........ there's one there now .
and how is that ' without the IMG ' ?

Yeah .....ol TehKeyser was gonna check something out and get back to me .
I'm kinda used to this sorta stuff . Seems I always end up with some weird thing that nobody's ever seen before.
I had a smart phone erase all my #'s ,but not the names, all by itself . The techs at ATT said never heard that before and it just can't happen LOL ::)
oh well . I'm gonna go build some stuff and things ! Thanx for the help anyway
Keith

:) :) :) Well -- I don't know what just happened but it worked ! ???? just did the same thing I've been doing ,
I'll just shut up and enjoy it

:mad: Ugh well , I'm still having trouble with it . Not just in sharing but even just navigating around in photobucket --and ONLY photobucket . So , it's the machine ? or the server or whatever but I'm moving to Picassa on the advice of Grendels .

I'll put one more thing here in the case it could help anyone reading this : I realized doing 'browser back' in Photobucket instantly crapped things up . I had to use the site navigation only -------but it was still real fickle :-*

Latest posts

Back