upload probs on youtube?

• Thread starter ScaleModelMadman
  • Start date
S

ScaleModelMadman

Anyone else having them?

I have tried to upload a video for the last three days to my channel and I keep getting the same thing. After all the waiting, I get three seconds of audio over a still picture...

I have been doing it the exact same way since I started, wmv file and now this.

Any ideas?

???

ScaleModelMadman said:
Anyone else having them?

I have tried to upload a video for the last three days to my channel and I keep getting the same thing. After all the waiting, I get three seconds of audio over a still picture...

I have been doing it the exact same way since I started, wmv file and now this.

Any ideas?

???

Try uploading a MPEG or FLV instead. And also, use the advanced upload that uses java. I kept getting Error uploading towards the end all the time and got sick of it. Using the advanced thing, it stopped doing it.

DK,

I've tried MPEG but it wants like 20 hours, I mean... seriously? :eek: I bet my computer will shut itself off before I get half way .

and I don't think I have a FLV option in the list. This is really starting to suck, every video before this went smooth, not one problem, then suddenly youtube doesn't like my wmv... what gives?

I've checked their help forum which is a complete joke, hundreds of questions on the very thing I am experiencing and not one bit of help, they should rename it the ignore forum.

Like 122 MB,

I'm not exactly sure why it's close to twice the size of my others but it's still smaller than youtubes 2GB max and only 10 minutes...

ScaleModelMadman said:
Like 122 MB,

I'm not exactly sure why it's close to twice the size of my others but it's still smaller than youtubes 2GB max and only 10 minutes...

Hmmmm... What are you using to edit? (dang, you work with small file sizes)

'video lab 10' from Roxio that my sister gave me. I asked around first and most people said it was OK, so I used it.

and yeah, the files are small so I don't see what the problem is...

ScaleModelMadman said:
'video lab 10' from Roxio that my sister gave me. I asked around first and most people said it was OK, so I used it.

and yeah, the files are small so I don't see what the problem is...

Hmm if it were Adobe Premier I might know what the problem is. In premier, it sometimes renders all messed up if the video clips aren't back to back against each other (if there's any empty gaps). You can try and see if there's anything like that.

Can you view the whole movie without a problem on your system?

I just uploaded a video with no issues. (It took 7 hours to upload because it was a 2.4 gig file.) I usually use premier elements 8 to do this, but the video was over 10 minutes and their automatic uploader will not allow you to upload videos longer than 10 minutes. I had to use the advance uploader. It worked with no problems.

I used the H.264 codec because YouTube prefers it and MPEG-2.

Yes their help section is a joke.

I am almost willing to bet it doesn't like the file format that you are using. Either that or there is an error in the video somewhere that your player doesn't catch, but YouTube does when they process the video over to their format.

You could try to render it with window's movie maker, it might be faster at converting your file.....

and there are free conversion programs out there if you would like to try one of them. But, I am willing to bet that it will still take quite a bit of time to render your video. It sounds like you have an older computer.

Nah, computer's maybe six months old that's definitely not the problem, also, my first fourteen videos were the same length, same software, same process, so I can't see how it would suddenly say not anymore! LOL Judging by the amount of complaints in the help section that describe the exact same wmv issues I had, I still think it's a youtube issue.

and I got this Roxio software because windows movie maker crashed more times than Evel Knievel. LOL@VISTA

Anyway, problem is sorted now, chose 'MPEG-4 Movie (.mp4)' in the list of options, saved it and uploaded it to youtube while I wrenched on the wife's car in the driveway. Came in to find people commenting on it and was psyched. Not sure if the quality is all that good but at least I'm done...

Thanks for the input guys.

;D

Your right, quality is not as good, but it did get the job done.

Found your problem, Vista. That is one of the worst Operating systems that Microsoft ever put out. I had to yank that sucker right out of my computer because it caused crashes every other day, and I had to install it after every Microsoft update. It finally wasn't worth the time. It is also a resource hog on your PC. XP, or windows 7 would speed up your render times.

You can download a free trial of permiere elements 8 from adobe, or if you want an older copy, I wouldn't mind shipping one to you just send me a PM with you address.

YT is supposed to be going to allow 15min. length videos. It was in their news section not that long ago. The way it was written was that it was a done deal and that you could now upload 15mins worth, figured you would be able to by now.

Grendels said:
Found your problem, Vista.

LOL, yeah I know, this was a gift from the wife because they were on sale, other than that it was a sweet deal. I've got a nice 20" LCD monitor, DVD Burner and all those type fixin's which I didn't have in my other computer but yeah, Vista sux.

Grendels said:
You can download a free trial of permiere elements 8 from adobe, or if you want an older copy, I wouldn't mind shipping one to you just send me a PM with you address.

I supposedly qualify for a free upgrade of windows 7 or something, but when I tried the download it asked for receipt information and she had long since thrown that away...

I'll send you a PM, thanks for the offer.

Elm City Hobbies said:
YT is supposed to be going to allow 15min. length videos. It was in their news section not that long ago. The way it was written was that it was a done deal and that you could now upload 15mins worth, figured you would be able to by now.

Yes, you can post 15 minute vids now. The video had been pretty much filmed and edited for the most part when that took place though, so it was either do it all over again or shoot for that on the next video. Heck, I was thinking my vids were too long as it was. ;D

It will be in the mail tomorrow. I don't mind shipping it to you, just keeps it out of a land fill.

I just switched to Adobe. Two weeks to make one video and there was much cursing. Still have another 4 hours on my 8 hour upload. Not happy.

Latest posts

Back