Ultimate Man Cave

1964rac

Scale is what you make of it...
Hi,
After my Zombie Killer Car, I thought I'd something else on the car front.
I have become addicted to the programme "Storage Wars" and thought of doing something along those lines.
After a quick flick around the inter-web I came across some images of cargo containers, 20 foot ones, and this got me thinking, I had seen a Italeri container kit 1/24 scale - asked at local model shop and yes he can get it.
Good!
I have had a Tamiya Mini sitting around unfinished for some time and so the following idea formed.
How about a workshop/den in the container filled with man stuff....
Here is the work done so far...
mc1.jpg

mc2.jpg

mc3.jpg

mc4.jpg

Base covered with clay and the concrete base for the container is plaster.
mc5.jpg

Base starting to take shape, needs some more junk around the container and general rubbish.
mc6.jpg

Here you can see the light on...
mc7.jpg

..and the switch.
mc8.jpg

I have scratch built a skip (not photographed yet) to hide the light switch in.
Well that's it for know, have a Saturday on me own (wife off to the ballet) so hope to get more done before the rugby at 5.00pm - come on England!
Cheers
Richard

Very cool. I have that container as well. Was disappointed that the doors aren't hinged, but it's still very cool.

Scott Girvan said:
Very cool. I have that container as well. Was disappointed that the doors aren't hinged, but it's still very cool.
Cheers Scott.
Yes pity about the doors - if I had the patient I would do something about it, but as it being shown with them open I think it still looks alright.
Richard

mrcivicwithstyle said:
Sweet i was wanting to do something like this guess you beat me to it lol
Still time my friend.
Cheers
Richard

very cool now that gives me an idea for my zombie build I am still trying to figure out :) I still need some female figures at least I know where to get them which is good But I do like the container it's very cool

Cheers guys for the kind comments.
Manged to get a few things done today, hope to add a few more details tomorrow, will post images soon.
Cheers
Richard

Scott Girvan said:
That figure it out of an Italeri Truck Accessory kit.
That's right.
I have heard that they have released on old accessory kit with additional figures.
Been trying to find reference to it, not luck at the moment.
Cheers
Richard

Cheers guys for the kind comments.
Here are a few update pics of the work done this weekend.

Started on the skip, adding rubbish - need to add more rust to the base coat, not sure about the carpet, think the scale may be a bit too big - any thoughts?
mc9.jpg

mc10.jpg

Additional work on the Mini - added a tarp (dust cover) will add weathering, rust etc next.
mc11.jpg

Sprayed the container green (as you can see) left areas of the base coat for rusting later on.
mc12.jpg

Added a few more items to the base, barrels etc - more work to do on this..
mc13.jpg

mc14.jpg

Comments & questions very welcome.
If you have any ideas of where I get hold of 1/24 scale accessories that would work here, please let me know.
Regards
Richard

Hey this looks great ! Lots going on, I like the tarps and barrels. Agree the carpet doesn't quite fit in, not sure if it's the scale, perhaps it's just rolled up a little too neatly, needs too look more tatty ? Kinda looks like its ready to go into a new house and not in to a skip.

Anyways great build, keep it coming :)

Cheers guys for all your feed back ref this ongoing project.
I have decided to do away with the carpet, in its present form, but will revisit it as I think it needs something like it in the skip.
Here are the updated images of what I managed to do this weekend....

Started to rust the container, added a ladder as I will have stuff on top.
mc15.jpg

Skip nearly done
mc16.jpg

mc17.jpg

Started on the interior of the container, shelves first, workbench to follow
mc18.jpg

Added a car back seat to the base, I think the base is complete don't think I will add anymore to it.
That is it for now, comments questions as always very welcome.
Regards
Richard

Latest posts

Back