UFO mystery ship

Grendels

Well here is a quick build for the weekend:

https://youtu.be/aGh7301RpYQ

More or less to get me back at the bench.

I hear ya on getting back to the bench. I just hit it for two hours tonight. First time in months and it felt good. What got me there was the bandai stormtrooper.

I'll check your video out on yt. Modelman Tom has a detailed buildup with lighting on this jit

Work has been crazy for me as well Grendels I really look forward to family time on the Weekends and plenty of bench time.. This will be interesting to see as a glow in the dark model and hope your camera can pick up the effects.. Just out of curiosity I wonder what type of effect you would get if it was misted in a clear paint. I know your not painting I just wonder how luminescent the model would be if per say it was sprayed with a Tamiya clear paint or how it would effect the overall look.. Get this finished Halloween is coming fast..

Mike

Looking fwd to see you do this build. I remember it from when I was younger but never built it.
One thing OI noticed when you were handling the ships fuselage was how it looked incredibly like a regular plastic bottle... :eek:

So far this has been a fun kit. The worst part is the decals just fall apart when you try to apply them.

I gave the decals a coat of clear paint today to see if that helps any.

The glow effect is not affected by clear paint. I have been sealing down the decals as I go.

And yes it does look like a soap bottle for dish soap.

I do have the kit together, no real decals, photos when I get time.

Ha! I remember the first trials to light my MPC Star Destroyer Model. I also used Glow in the Dark- Color. Not easy to remove ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D

Brings back memories of the 70's .

I'm going to keep a copy of this vid to show anyone that questions the number of kits in my stash !

:eek:

Latest posts

Back