U.S. Navy SNJ

speedster

Hi Guys, This a 1/72 US Navy SNJ i built yesterday arvo, As the weather here wasnt to good so dragged this ol' kit & had a play. Speed.....

DSC04773.jpg

DSC04777.jpg

DSC04769.jpg

DSC04771.jpg

Nice job, Speedster! I like how you did the panel lines. Who makes this kit?

Regards.
Brad

Hey Brad, Mate its one of those ol' Testors 1/72 kits , If your thinking of building one get the one by Academy the cockpit detail is great in it. Paul....

speedster said:
Hey Brad, Mate its one of those ol' Testors 1/72 kits , If your thinking of building one get the one by Academy the cockpit detail is great in it. Paul....

Hi, thanks, Paul! I've got the SNJ on my wish list, but in 1/48, I'm on the lookout for the Monogram kit. I want the figures that come with it :D

Testors, eh? So are you a fellow nostalgia builder? Since I got back into scale modeling a few years ago, I started tracking down a lot of the kits I built as a kid, almost all Monogram, but also Lindberg, Aurora (gasp!), Pyro/Life-Like. I do have some newer kits, too, like AM's F3F, Classic Airframe's F11C and F4B-4, but for me, a lot of building now is remembering how much fun it was when I was a kid. And now, I try to apply things I've learned in the meantime. Of course, there is still so much to learn...

Latest posts

Back