U.S. Navy Landing Craft Air Cushion (LCAC)

Yea..., can't wait to get the 1/72 version of this. All those tiny details won't be so tiny then. ;D

I can't believe I've actually managed to get some work done despite the WC going on! I'm very impressed with myself (It doesn't take much though). No videos just yet, but I'll have some photos up later today.

Well after two full weeks of working out of town..., I couldn't make the deadline :'(
But that's ok. It's hard to be to down when the World Cup is on my TV all the time.

I got back into town thinking I could hammer the final painting, decals, final assembly, and weathering out in about 3 days. I started breaking things, and my wash mix ate away my paint (forgot to put a clear coat over it first), and I'm pretty sure my cat was eating some of the smaller piecies.
I think the time away gave me some more perspective on this kit too. It kinda sucks! The deck turned out so good, and the basic assembly of the modules went smoothly too; BUT, when putting on all those details, it just looked horrible. In that scale (1/144), some of the details were like trying to glue/fuse together two pieces of thread, end to end, then have to fill the seam in the join, and sand it out. So with all that being said, I would have been disappointed with it even if I did finish on time and get it submitted. I even started thinking..., "How am I going to shoot the photos of this thing to hide all the flaws," and that was aggravating me as well. I don't want to cheat, so in that sense, I'm glad I didn't get it finished.

So what next??? This one is going in the bin, and I'm going to BUILD THE 1/72 SCALE VERSION!!! I'll make sure to keep the videos going, and hopefully have a little more substance to them too. Since it's just an upscale version of the 1/144 kit, I know exactly how to build it now, and have some short cuts that can get it completed quicker, and BETTER!

Scott: Thanks for putting on the contest, and sorry I couldn't get it finished. Look forward to seeing all the entries.

Latest posts

Back