u.s. multible gun motor carriage m16

svinehunden

i wanted to see how far i could get over one weekend and this is the result... it is nowhere done but it's work in progress... i haven't done any work on the tracks at all... they are too long and i need to trim them... :-\

it also needs alotta dirt but i figured i would wait untill i finished the tracks... the decals have to go on before though...

/kasper

IMG_6343.jpg

IMG_6334.jpg

IMG_6335.jpg

IMG_6336.jpg

IMG_6337.jpg

IMG_6339.jpg

IMG_6340.jpg

IMG_6329.jpg

That looks quite great already. I am really starting to like those military vehicles. :D

i got the decals on yesterday (my first try)... that did NOT turn out good... :( but i'll keep on putting decal fix on untill they are in place...

IMG_6357.jpg

IMG_6358.jpg

IMG_6359.jpg

IMG_6356.jpg

I will be doing some home made decals soon. What would have done differntly, now that you have experienced it once? And on the bright side all but one star look great. It seems that one has a wrinkle, but I think you are right, with a little elbow grease you might get that bad boy down tight.

Shark said:
What would have done differntly, now that you have experienced it once?

...but I think you are right, with a little elbow grease you might get that bad boy down tight.

the problem is all the bolts on the side and the hood... i use humbrol decal fix and it dosn't really pull the decal in to the surface... what do you use?

I actually put some vinegar into my water. But I guess true decal softener should work much better. You may also try to actually paint basic shapes like the star. The model looks still good, imho!

Very Cool! You have some serious talent! Keep making more WW2 builds....throw a Panzer in there. Take Care! ;)

I use Miro-sol. Tamiya has a new product called "Mark Fit" as well but, I think Micro-sol is the best.

By the way your model is sure purty....it's very sharp, did you dry brush it?

I use Micro Sol as well. For a long time I didn't use anything. When I tried Micro Sol, I was hooked. They have two solutions. I wet the area with Micro Set, then after the decal is applied I use the Micro Sol to suck it down in the details. They are reasonably priced as well.

Shark said:
I use Micro Sol as well. For a long time I didn't use anything. When I tried Micro Sol, I was hooked.

i use Humbrol decalfix... should be the same thing as micro sol, but maybe i should try that insted... anybody have any experience with Humbrol???

IMG_6360.jpg

You know what, I think I may have figured out your problem. Did you apply the decals to a matte finish? The flat paints when they dry have a rough surface. The rougher surface makes it difficult for the decal to get a good purchase. The solution is to paint the model in a gloss coat, (like Future) then apply the decals to the smooth surface. When you are done, simply paint the model with a clear matte finish.

Backbreaker said:
Shaky hands need not apply! ;D

so true... :)

i start off with a very small diameter and slowly work my way up untill i reach the diameter i want... that makes it very easy to keep it centered...

/kasper

Latest posts

Back