Turbo Dork Paints

Marktastrophe

Anyone have any experience with these paints?

PXL_20220301_203916923.PORTRAIT.jpg
The person at the hobby shop had nothing but praise, but also couldn't tell me what to thin it with besides "Acrylic thinner?" I followed up with a "Brand? solvent or water based?"... no answer lol.

Their website says you can use water or airbrush medium... so I'm going to give it a go with Vallejo thinner first.

Anyone have any experience with these paints?

View attachment 90521
The person at the hobby shop had nothing but praise, but also couldn't tell me what to thin it with besides "Acrylic thinner?" I followed up with a "Brand? solvent or water based?"... no answer lol.

Their website says you can use water or airbrush medium... so I'm going to give it a go with Vallejo thinner first.
Never seen them, but love the name! How did it go with them? Did you use them? What thinner did you use?

Marktastrophe

Never seen them, but love the name! How did it go with them? Did you use them? What thinner did you use?
I have not used them yet. I'm going to go with Vallejo thinner (which is either solvent free, or a very mild solvent, from my limited understanding) since their website lists thinning with distilled water as an option.

After I finish my current build (waffling on some structural things atm) I'll have to do something small and quick to test a few paints. Should have more dropper jars being delivered before the end of the week too, since the ~6 I have are currently occupied by custom colors I like to much to toss/waste. (And are in too large of a quantity for me to feel ok about tossing/wasting)

I like the stainless steel agitator so much that I bought a bunch of the Army Painter (?) ball bearings to add to my Vallejo paints to help distribute the pigment in the paints. I like the Vallejo Model Air paints a lot, although I find their grays - shall we say - a little finicky…

Marktastrophe

I like the stainless steel agitator so much that I bought a bunch of the Army Painter (?) ball bearings to add to my Vallejo paints to help distribute the pigment in the paints. I like the Vallejo Model Air paints a lot, although I find their grays - shall we say - a little finicky…
I've never met a white or yellow pigment that layed down in a way that I enjoyed, lol.
Vallejo Grey primer is slick, and I use that as a base sometimes if I'm only adding a gaze or highlights. But Tamiya Lacquer has probably been my favorite grey to use in an AB. ...still haven't found a white or yellow I like, but I have a Tamiya Lacquer white I still have to try. For what it is worth, the Tamiya Lacquer white went down with a bristle brush much nicer than any other white hobby paint I've ever used, so hopes are high.

I should probably pickup some army painter bearings for the empty jars I'm waiting on (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

urumomo

Yeah , the Vallejo AB thinner is just water , propylene glycol ( retarder ) and a tiny amount of ammonia as a surfactant .

Marktastrophe

Another case of overthinking...
The labels say water based acrylic on them...I was scowering the fine print and specs on the website, maybe I'll learn one of these days...

Latest posts