Tunisian Tiger

panzerman75

Hey guys, heres my desert tiger that i have been working on. It's a 1/35 tamiya initial production afrika addition. I added a RB Model metal barrel tamiya P.E grates, and my new favorite item modelkasten tracks. Well i hope you like it I still have alot to do on it. ;D

Panzerman75

[attachment deleted by admin]

i love the weather in on it, it almost looks real :p

looking real nice i love the tiger the weathering on this one so far looks amazing keep it up

geegad

Hey guys thanx for the kind words, im kinda in a holding pattern on it right now im waiting for stuff to come in the mail so hopefully it will be here this weekend. :) :)

Panzerman75

PM75,

Hells Yeah ! Great Color !! What did you use for color ? Awesome job on th Chipping !!

So, how do you like Dem ModelKasten Trax !! I'm working on a set for a Mid/Late Tiger - Cyberhobby/Dragon's Wittmann's last ride. I used MK trax on that Elephant. Although, I found out th hard way - If you are planning on doing any kind of Wash on these - For Goodness Sake Please use an Acrylic Wash. I used an Enamel based wash on Mine & it ate through some of th pins !

Beautiful Job !! I keep coming back to chipping !! Rock-On !!

When The Tigers Broke Free

:D Boy, I love your Tiger I

:D It´s a massive beauty!

So are we going to see this beast more wheaterized, ah? Super Dust Session, maybe ???

:) Let me make to you a little advice // suggestion…

Take the first photo of your second message, the one where the front part of the hull of the Tiger is cleanly seen…

… Well, I would apply a more extensive chipping (just like the one you´ve beautifully done in the upper area of the main gun)… why would I do this? Because in that time, in Tunisia, almost 100% of the roads were unpaved tracks… so the little stones projected from the wheels and tracks of preceding vehicles when circulating in “convoy mode” would “wound” more profusely that part of the vehicle, just like small buckshots…

Cheers, mate, :)
And thanks for sharing!!!
RG

Hey Panzerace thanx for the compliments yes, i am addicted to mk trax, oh the color i used wa from mr hobby panzer color set 1 its green brown, i dont know if they sell the sets any more but i think you can find them on ebay. they are acylric based really good paints. and thanx for the advice on the washes on the trax i think i would have been pulling whats left of my hair out. :)

Hey Jelly,

Thanx for the advice im gonna do some more chipping on it and as far as weathering goes well i've just begun ;D ;D. Also thank you for the kind wrds also ill post some more pics as the weathering process gets further along thanx again. :)

Panzerman75

PANZERMAN75,

Thanx for th rundown on th Color. It's Dead-On !! Awesome Color. I guess I'll have to look for it - is it Acrylic ? If I can't find it I'll mix My own from some Vallejo or Tamiya. Although I've seen where Vallejo Now has a Primer that is a Dead Match for th Tunisian color ... I may check that out too.

I too Love th MK trax. In fact - I have 2 sets of Fruilies that I would gladly trad up for th same sets of MK's !!

Hey Panzerace

Yeah they are acrylic paints, and the vallejo green brown is dead on with the Mr. hobby color that i used, the color in the pix look ighter due to the lighting at my bench but i checked it out and it says that the germans used that color from 41-43 so im hoping that it is right. Im hoping to see some pic of ur tiger i hear that the dragon cyber hobby kit is one intense kit.thanx again and ill be posting more pics of this big cat as i go along.

Panzerman

PANZERMAN75,

Your Color is Most certainly Dead-On !! I saw a set on Evil-Bay & will continue to check when I have th $$ although relatively Cheap ( $12.95 USD). What to you thin your Mr. Hobby with ? Is Isopropyl Alcohol O.K. ? That's what I thin My Tamiya with.

I'll post some Pix of Wittmann's Tiger. It's already started , but nothing too far that I can't make a decent Blog with it. I'll Get'r going !

Here's a Color shot of a Tunisian Tiger - It's seen better Dayz !!

se3dg9.jpg

panzersincolor11.jpg

Hey Panzerace

thanks for the pics, to bad they are knocked out but hey. I used the mr color thinner when i thin out the paint but that because i use mr color paint but i did try a few mins ago 70% rubbing alchol and it didnt seem to affct it in a bad way it thinned it out pretty nice. i will be posting some more pics maybe tommororw though i put the first wash on it so hopefully it will be on tommorrow.

Panzerman

Hey guys heres some more pics of the big cat, the first few are with just the dirt wash on it. The others have a light coat of AK Interactives Africa dust on it. It's the first time i've used them but i like how it came out, if anyone has any suggestions im all ears. hope you enjoy. :)

panzerman75

Ok here are the ones with the africa dust on it, i forgot to say i also used AK Interactives streaking set also i still have a lot to do on it but im having a blast with it.

Panzerman75

man thats a nice tank, the weathering is superb, looks like it has seen some combat! well done with that tank!

Latest posts

Back