Tudor era sailing ships, Kit suggestions

fblanton

Guys,
I have purchased two Osprey books on Tudor warships. I am interested in building a Styrene model from a kit of a typical ship used by Sir Francis Drake in the 1580's. Any suggestions for new modern styrene kits? I am not averse to converting say a Spanish Galleon or something similar. Just looking for a way to feed this addiction to Tudor era watercraft.

Frank,
This is a couple of months late, but I just this. Take a look at Heller's Spanish Galleon in 1/200 scale. They also have the Golden Hind, Sir Francis Drake's flagship, also in 1/200 scale. Both vessels are very late Tudor era, if they can even be considered that era. In plastic, I can't think of any other models of this era. If I find more I will post it.
Ron W.

ships aren't usually my thing (other than WWII sometimes) but Pyro used to make Drake's Revenge. I don't suppose you could get this anywhere except maybe on Ebay. It used to be one of my oldest shelf queens and I finally got rid of it some time back. I don't know what the scale was, but it was probably about 6 inches long or so.

Latest posts

Back