Trumpeter M1131 Stryker Fire Support Vehicle WIP

Wolf Star

Man of mayhem
I actually started this 3 years ago when I was recovering from lower back surgery. It's fun to work on a model in bed lol. I dusted the old girl off and am finally working to complete it.

Still have a lot of stuff to do, I'm waiting on AFV Club anti-reflective coating for the vision blocks and working on antennae, other small details and then final weathering. I've left off a number of small parts and other details until final completion.

DSCF9174.jpg
DSCF9175.jpg
DSCF9176.jpg
DSCF9177.jpg

Really good model, realistic looking. As an aside once I was driving on the Freeway in So Cal when a Column of those thing zipped past. They are really big and tall. Even though there was no actual danger the guys sticking out of the top hatches reflexively ducked when they went under an overpass:^)

Thanks guys! I have a small update, but no new photos yet. I got my vehicle stowage sorted out, painted, and installed, and antennae I made from guitar strings. All I'm waiting on is the anti-reflective stickers from AFV Club to show up (came from Australia), and then final assembly of the wee tiny parts and and a dusting/weathering coat and it's done.

I actually started this 3 years ago when I was recovering from lower back surgery. It's fun to work on a model in bed lol. I dusted the old girl off and am finally working to complete it.

Still have a lot of stuff to do, I'm waiting on AFV Club anti-reflective coating for the vision blocks and working on antennae, other small details and then final weathering. I've left off a number of small parts and other details until final completion.

DSCF9174.jpg
DSCF9175.jpg
DSCF9176.jpg
DSCF9177.jpg
Nice work.

Looks great!
I to suffer from lower back problems, 2 herniated discs, haven't had the surgery yet, putting it off as long as possible.
I'm recently back into modeling after 30 years so forgive my ignorance but what is "AFV Club anti-reflective coating"?

Last edited:
Looks great!
I to suffer from lower back problems, 2 hesitated discs, haven't had the surgery yet, putting it off as long as possible.
I'm recently back into modeling after 30 years so forgive my ignorance but what is "AFV Club anti-reflective coating"?
Oh man, I definitely feel your pain...I hope you can get some relief. Thanks btw!

Modern armor periscopes have a very particular looking coating on them, sort of a holographic thing that changes depending on what angle you look at them from. Leaving them clear or painting them doesn't really do it justice IMO. AFC Club makes these stickers that simulates it really well. They have been a little difficult to find these days....

Oh man, I definitely feel your pain...I hope you can get some relief. Thanks btw!

Modern armor periscopes have a very particular looking coating on them, sort of a holographic thing that changes depending on what angle you look at them from. Leaving them clear or painting them doesn't really do it justice IMO. AFC Club makes these stickers that simulates it really well. They have been a little difficult to find these days....

O nice.... I know the look you are talking about.
Do they have a website to order these from?

Pics of completed model.
full

full

full

Latest posts

Back