Trumpeter BTR-60P Armored Personnel Carrier 1/35

okb1982

Hello comrades!

I will be signing-up for this online GB. ;D
I hope to finish this entry as I will only deem to enter it OOB only.
I will try to minimize the modification as the kit itself is fine with me with regards to overall detail and tooling.

For now I already started with the suspension arms and some hull details.

DSC_3093.jpg

DSC_3091.jpg

DSC_3090.jpg
I started it a few weeks back but failed to post pictures but I think it fell between the contest period.

DSC_3234.jpg

DSC_3239.jpg

DSC_3240.jpg

DSC_3241.jpg

Suggestions are appreciated!

Happy modelling! 8)

Cheers!

OKB

Komrade,

this will be another great build, did read it right or my eyes just fooling me :p you doing an OOB?

Nice Kabayan!!! your one of the Red Army Master that I know ;D I think you got the wrong newspaper hehe

keep up, pre!!!

Looks good ,interested in seeing this one come together :)

Chris.

Thanks TRM, EastRock, Chris and Leighbo! ;D
I will try my best to give justice on this unusual troop crawler. 8)

Here are some updates:

I already dryfitted the wheels and the upper hull with the lower hull assembly.
Upper/lower hull fittings are well but the wheel alignment are a bit askewed i might have to do some readjustment on the wheels vs axle assembly.
Interiors are partly done with troop benches and some stick shifts.
Researching for some reference photos if there are wirings inside the troop compartments but up to no avail :( Will check Dishmodel.Ru website later.

Here are some updated photos:

DSC_3289.jpg

DSC_3285.jpg

Suggestions are highly welcome!

Enjoy!

cheers! ;D

Iking

Your The Russian Armor Master!!! ;D

sorry can't help... got no idea about BTR ???

even though the trumpy is a good kit!! nonetheless :eek:

Wow she's got a nice stance!!!! Looking good a fitted up!!! Keep her rolling!! ;)

Thanks ERock, Capt Caveman, Quaralane and TRM! thanks for the kind words! :)

I managed to squeeze some time to build the BTR-60 kit for three nights in a row and here is where I have stopped.

I already started and im done in assembling the interior of the kit.
The kit's interior details are way better than I have expected.
This is specially evident in the drivers compartment that showcases a motley of PE and finely detail kit parts.
DSC_3384.jpg

CSC_3389.jpg

CSC_3388.jpg
I am already done with the interior details so I then proceeded with the exterior hull.

The exterior hull also posses great detail especially the hooks and light mounts on the headlights which are crafted from PE parts.
DSC_3382.jpg

DSC_3380.jpg

DSC_3390.jpg
this shot makes the APC look like an amphibious frog/reptile of sort hahaha! :p

Note that I havent permanently mated the upper and lower halves as it will make painting the interior difficult:)

I could say that this is a happy and less frustrating build as the kit parts fit well and the details are superbly crafted:) Trumpy really gave me my money's worth through this unique and seldom seen APC ;D

Next stop, the water jet exhaust and the Dushka machine gun. ;D

Cheers! ;D

Iking

Man.... it’s not a pretty machine.... Where is the Roof? LOL
Only saw it in magazines or on the Net... Nice to see it come to life.... seems to have lots of details…
I knew about the BTR's series but... that one..? Nah! Weird they would have such a variant with
Nothing to protect against Grenade being Lob in there....! I guess there was a NEED for it back in the days….!!!

Keep up the good work!!! Sorry about the bad joke ! LOL
Can’t wait to see some paint on her….

OKB,

Cool ride ! I dig all of th Details ! 1st. rate !! I agree with SCHWEIN .. It's an Ugly beast ! I'm lookin forward to th paint & weathering !!

Latest posts

Back