Trumpeter 1/48 P-40B Warhawk!!!!!

Bzzymatt

Stayin Bzzy :P
I have been building this P-40 for several months and I am getting really close to attaching the wing to the fuselage.

The P-40 cockpit was detailed with Eduard colored photo etch and was given a resin cockpit seat, with scratch built seat belts and a figure. My friends at my local IPMS club told me that the cockpit floor is too high up, so the figure was modified to the point where it has no rear end. hahaha.

I used 2 different tamiya figure sets to create this one of a kind figure, and I will have to post some pictures soon!!!

This is my first time building a In-Flight model, and it seems to be very promising so far. I already glued in the brass rod in the fuselage and have bent it a little so it looks like it is beginning a roll. I am making this stand to where I can easily remove the model for safe transportation.

I got some after market decals, as suggested by the squadron in action books, and they look great!!!

I will update you again soon!!

Matthew

[attachment deleted by admin]

Re: Trumpeter 1/48 P-40B Warhawk

As the P-40 is one of my faves....I am looking forward to seeing your build of it!

Weclome, Matthew! I'll echo Mike in saying that I'm looking forward to seeing your build, too, because the P-40 is one of my all-time favorite planes. I have a couple of the old Monogram kit in the stash, and I'm eager to see the Trumpeter kit built up.

Best regards,
Brad

built the Monogram P-40 a couple of times, good plane the P-40, tough as nails, especially for a liquid cooled engine fighter.

As a matter of fact,
a friend of mine and I are collaborating on a comic book, called "Super-Aces" the first book will focus around a P-40 pilot. His super-hero identity is the "Flying Tiger"!
;D ;D ;D

ModelMakerMike said:
As a matter of fact,
a friend of mine and I are collaborating on a comic book, called "Super-Aces" the first book will focus around a P-40 pilot. His super-hero identity is the "Flying Tiger"!
;D ;D ;D

kind of like what i have collaborated...

13aceofspades13 said:
kind of like what i have collaborated...

Wha?....did I miss something?
Hey, if you wouldn't mind giving me your physical address, I can send you the first thing we produced. It's kinda of like a compilation of characters, and not really a comic book. However, the one we're working on now is a comic.
Anywho, lemme know.
;D

Well, there arent any images to view :-(
I did a P-40 not a long time ago, Dutch colors but she had a...hard landing :)

Re: Trumpeter 1/48 P-40B Warhawk WITH PICTURES FINALLY!!!!

YEY!!! I finally got the pictures uploaded. check them out sometime!!! :D

Aja! Nice work on that cockpit ;D

Looks good

Not wanting to rain on your parade here but i think your pilot is too tall and wont clear the canopy.

Well, I had already solved that problem. I test fitted the pilot and the canopy before gluing the pilot in the cockpit for good. His head didn't clear the first few times, so his entire rear end was sanded off :D He fits now!!!

The pictures that you see were taken before I did the dry fitting.

liking what i see so far.

Very nice, Matthew! What figure did you use for your bash?

I'll let you know soon. but I need to figure out how I make a second page for this project????

I'm not sure what you mean by 'figure out how to make a second page'.

Just click the reply button, the pages will automatically happen due to post count on each page. (15 per page if I recall correctly)

lol see? there you go! ;D

hahahaha, thanks XD I'm still trying to get use to all of this :p

o.k. so these are some pictures of the progress I've made for the wings.

I used evergreen rod and tubing to rebuild the struts for the landing gear. From my research, the oleo extends when the landing gear is raised, so I literally made the landing gear struts from scratch.

Note that the wheels do not need to be assembled completely. I will have to take some more pictures to show you, but for now, here are the pictures I've taken so far.

Matthew :D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latest posts

Back