Trumpeter 1/35 M1127 Stryker

Myke

My FIRST official armor project ever, and it's already 1/2 built.

When I was working on my spring contest entry (Blackhawk chopper) I was so bogged down with photo etch and scratch building and details and wiring and...., I just needed a break from all that and to put some plastic together. I saw this kit at my local LHS and it was only 15 bucks. It IS missing some PE parts, and a lot of the stowage was cut from the sprue already but it is a FANTASTIC kit anyways. I have no basis for comparison on kits but I'm thinking this is a decent set.

Here is some quick box art and I'll post a review and some shots of what I've completed already in the next posting.

IMG_20111011_162448.jpg

IMG_20111011_162459.jpg

IMG_20111011_162514.jpg

Remember, it's my first armor kit so be gentle..., only kidding of course..., everybody here is awesome.

All the best.

Myke

LOL...Nothing gentle about this bad boy!!!! Dig in.....again! ;D Count me in for this one!!! Looking forward to seeing where your at on this!!! ;)

looks cool, let me know if I can help. We both have Strykers yet different kits. I will take of the photo etched version have fun with your relaxed build.

Dang... thanks everyone! I told ya you guys are awesome!

@TRM: thanks for following bud.

@Norm: So far it looks like only the PE for the Jerry Can mounts are missing. Not a big deal really, I just used the plastic ones instead. Thanks for the offer pal.

@spud: Thanks mate!

@IMBear887: Thank for assistance! I did not have that link so I thank you very much. I found a few photos but those are really great. I still haven't decided on what to or what not to put on this beast. So far it's been great to build.

Good to know ! yeah the plastic ones are pretty good anyway... the P.E. ones can be a little tricky to Glue and look good !

No great loss there then !

That photo site is Awesome hey ??? got my NBC and Engineering Strykers saved up !!!

Those Yankees have it all hey ? LOL

I've always enjoyed looking at armor models more than aircraft, but I love building aircraft so I've always stuck to planes on the workbench. At this point in time though, I'm sick of watching all you armor nerds have all the fun, so I'm joining your ranks..., as a bleak amateur of course.

Here is where I'm at on this build. It's been sitting in the box for the last couple of months, and I'm excited to get this thing rolling.

note: If there is anything in these posts that is incorrect, please feel free to correct me..., I know little to nothing about armor.

I've managed to assemble all of the bottom half and about 1/3 of the top half. Initially when I started this I was tossing out all the PE and had no plans on adding stowage or anything extra for that matter. Plans have changed significantly now though with the presence of the GB here. I wish now that I hadn't glued up the hatches in the back as this kit is just crying out for some interior scratch building and lighting to show it off.
I'm thinking now that I'll add some bags and tarp rolls and put the figures in place to add some life to this. Something I don't usually do with aircraft so I'm excited to see how this will all turn out.
At any rate..., here are some photos..., (chatty today for some reason).

Top, bottom, and some tires.

IMG_20111013_101514.jpg

Top half

IMG_20111013_101536.jpg

Bottom half

IMG_20111013_101651.jpg

Great details on the wheels.

IMG_20111013_101632.jpg

Tires look fantastic too.

IMG_20111013_101606.jpg

A little detail on the front, still a lot more to do just in this area alone.

IMG_20111013_101543.jpg

Top and bottom together. What a perfect fit it is too.

IMG_20111013_101822.jpg

Back hatch.... MAN I wish I hadn't closed this up already.

IMG_20111013_101903.jpg

All the PE frets. The pieces cut out are what was missing from the kit when I bought it.

IMG_20111013_102156.jpg

Still lots of plastic to go through

IMG_20111013_102025.jpg

Anyone want some stowage? No seriously..., where the hell is this all going to go? My wife doesn't even carry this much crap when she goes back home to England for two weeks a year.

IMG_20111013_102540.jpg

All the stowage is just these 7 pieces replicated.

IMG_20111013_102636.jpg

Figures look really good for plastic. Something I would only expect from resin after market figures.

IMG_20111013_102731.jpg

Drivers face. Again, great detail.

IMG_20111013_102802.jpg

Sheets for MRE, Pepsi, Coke, and Water bottle boxes. Awesome.

IMG_20111013_102905.jpg

And finally..., masks, decals, and precut strips of tape (or stickers rather) for straps and belts and such..., I assume.

IMG_20111013_103026.jpg

After playing with this kit for a while, I have come to the simple conclusion that it is awesome. I have no idea if all armor kits are like this but WOW, you get so much stuff with this thing. The PE, the stowage, the vinyl tires, the sheets for the boxes, and the pre cut straps..., unbelievable. If this was an aircraft this would be a 200 dollar kit. It's even better that I got it for like 15 bucks.

Thanks for tagging along everyone!

Myke

wow thats one heck of a kit for that price. as for all armor kits no there not ;( but trump seem to do nice detailed kits, that one is going to look great when you weather it up,

and the detail on the trires is Sweet

[size=10pt]"note: If there is anything in these posts that is incorrect, please feel free to correct me..., I know little to nothing about armor."[/size]

I would say certainly know how to slap a piece of armor around the bench pretty well there Myke!!! Great pics for a great update!! LQQK at all that stowage!! :eek: Everything is looking awesome!

~crap....now I have to put this one on the wish list!!!~ ::)

Keep it rolling Myke!!! ;)

:eek: Time to use the good old ShinSenGumi Camo decals..... Myke

ssgmcd018.jpg

Military Decals 1/35 ShinSenGumi Modern US Army Digital Desert Camouflage

All those Rucksacs and nice figures are begging for it .... LOL

take care and super Clean assembly so far... I'm getting one... if there is that much stuff in it...

Oh yeah !

later buddy !

Norm: I think I'm defo going to look into those decals. Thanks for the tip. ;)

And thanks for following along everyone!

So I've been itching to get back into this kit so this evening I have just jumped right in and have kinda gone all over the place.

I was really wanting to try out the new Badger Military Model Color set I got from the Spring Competition so I used the Olive Drab color as primer on the wheels. I quite like the paint too. It built up a little on the tip of the needle, and it dries as almost a semi-gloss, but it's all water based, no fumes, cleans up easy, and sprays pretty evenly. It actually acts a lot like other primers.

IMG_20111024_142625-2.jpg

I then kinda jumped into one of the figures. Added his hand to the arms and his head to the torso. Very nicely detailed figures.

IMG_20111024_145604-3.jpg

Next I wanted to build up the main turret area.

IMG_20111024_204032.jpg

IMG_20111024_204134.jpg

It's a 20 piece assembly that took about 45 mins to finish. It's one of the things I love about this kit, everything is so well detailed into these organized sub-assemblies.

IMG_20111024_204737.jpg

And after 45 mins or so....

IMG_20111024_213832.jpg

Installed (not glued)

IMG_20111024_213906.jpg

I had to use one of Norm's favorite products (I do love this stuff too) for the pin marks on the bottom of the hatch since I'm going to put a figure in here.

IMG_20111024_214006.jpg

IMG_20111024_214231.jpg

And here is where I've left the workbench for the evening.

IMG_20111024_215401.jpg

And now it's question time.....
Can someone tell me what these are? The instructions are saying tape rolls, but I have no idea what these replicate or where they would go. I thought they were strips of tape to use as straps for the stowage or for some netting perhaps, but this step in the instructions has me a bit confused.

IMG_20111024_151228-2.jpg

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Great work! I just Got back from my trip to Florida and I will get to the MGS this weekend, your question about the tapes I may have your answer. This photo shows the straps folded in a different manner than your instructions, http://data3.primeportal.net/apc/dieter_krause/m1127_recon/images/m1127_recon_29_of_35.jpg, also look closely to the unit marking down the side and this may be reference vehicle for your kit. There are more pics,iif you need I can send you the link.

Huh... well would you look at that.
That's brilliant. Thanks a million IMbear!!!

Any other photos you want to put up will be 100% beneficial and appreciated.

Wow, what a cool looking kit, talk about getting a bargain it's looking awesome.

Must be nice to buy the kit and not have to spend on any accessories!

Latest posts

Back