Trumpeter 1:24 bf109G-10

Well time to show the progress to this point.

Wing construction, at least the major framework and such, is done. Two months of build it up and then tear it down is finished.

Pictures.

Wing-Frame-26_zpsdcbaed69.jpg

Wing-Frame-25_zps75b744ae.jpg

Wing-Frame-24_zpscb458afe.jpg

Wing-Frame-23_zps828ed930.jpg

Wing-Frame-21_zps3fe1c3fd.jpg

Wing-Frame-20_zpse4aaf68c.jpg

Wing-Frame-19_zpsba1964b6.jpg

And now the overall.

Wing-Frame-27_zpsc5a852e8.jpg

On the overall I can live with this. There is some work to be done yet. I have some of the frames to straighten and some clean up as well as finishing off the small details.

I am certifiable. Two months on this wing.

All comments, critique, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

Great progress here Joe. :)
This is a super build to follow along on.

Well it has been two weeks. Some progress has been made.

Finishing off the wing is proving to be a bit of a challenge. Every time I feel I am close I see more to do.

Ahh well where it is at the moment.

Wing-Frame-28_zpsbe43dc59.jpg

I have glued in the flaps and I changed the position of the spar on the fuse. It helped to straighten out the wing a touch. Still more little things to do but I have now moved forward to the next section.

The tail. I wanted to show the framing of the rudder and the stabilizer. My attempts to scratch it out of styrene failed miserably. So I cheated a bit.

Resin casts.

Resin-Casts_zps2fe19dba.jpg

The third attempt to make the casts was the winner. Not too many big airpockets and the resin set up nicely. After giving it a couple of days to harden I went to work with my drill, micro drill, files, and sand paper. The result.

Rudder-1_zpsad680a60.jpg

Rudder-2_zpsc61174ed.jpg

Stabilizer_zpsedeb97bb.jpg

Next up will be to detail out the rudder and the stabilizer. I also want to tackle the landing gear. I have decided (not like I had much of a choice) to go with the kit gear. I want to make sure they are cleaned up and work with the framing.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are greatly encouraged.

Joe

Here we are. The eve before Christmas Eve.

My present is................

A finished wing. Yep. That stage is done. Well except for the light on the tip and that will not happen till later anyway. The finishing process was a gloss black coat and then Model Master Steel, a misting of Alclad Airframe Aluminum, and then Furnace tape on the leading edge. I did have to reinstall a line for the landing gear hydrolic (spelling was never my strong suit) lines.

Wing-Finished-2_zps3ebfb117.jpg

Wing-Finished-1_zps4fe25bca.jpg

I also added just a little bit to the rudder.

Rudder-3_zps69892a22.jpg

I used some reference pictures and fashioned a fuel tank.

Fuel-Tank_zpsff2017a0.jpg

And I made a choice. I choose to do the following aircraft markings.

My-Choice_zpsf14296c5.jpg

Well my friends that brings that part of the build to a close. Is it perfect....not by a long shot. Blemishes are present but I am happy.

Next up is to be honest something I am truly looking forward to. Tackling the interior. I have been wanting to do this since I got the kit. That will begin this week.

Til the next time.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

Bit of a long winded post tonight.

Some progress was made.

I opened up the access panel for the fuselage. I cut out a new door from soda can aluminum and then used a drill and sharp blade to cut out the hole. Clean up was quick and then I fabricated a backing plate.

Access-Door-9_zps981fb5c7.jpg

Access-Door-8_zps9b5cf92f.jpg

Access-Door-7_zpsa97c9ee4.jpg

Access-Door-6_zpseb35223a.jpg

Access-Door-5_zps24432d66.jpg

Access-Door-4_zps4d01de34.jpg

Access-Door-3_zpsdb7c2a79.jpg

Access-Door-2_zpsb4d0fe9c.jpg

Access-Door-1_zps35d30fc8.jpg

Today some detailing for the fuel ports occurred. Spouts were fabricated and made so that I could attach lines later. They may not be 100% accurate but they do work for what I want.

Fuel-Panels-5_zps6371dfb6.jpg

Fuel-Panels-4_zps2dad42c2.jpg

Fuel-Panels-6_zps86345c7d.jpg

It was a good day I think.

Happy New Year.

Joe

Well my friends another short update.

What you will see here is just a quick mock up, something that I am doing an awful lot of, to make sure the interior will fit as I build up the detail.

First up a couple of individual items. A roughed out set of O2 tanks for the pit.

Oxygen-Tanks-1_zpsb0ed77eb.jpg

And the first rendition of the FuG 16 Radio equipment.

Radio-1_zps877f731f.jpg

I do not like the frame for it. I actually redid that, you will see that in the pictures upcoming.

Now to make sure it all fits as it should I again mocked it up with white glue and added the pipping for the cables. I mocked up a new frame for the radio equipment.

All mocked up....

Interior-1_zps37603c60.jpg

interior-2_zpsa23dd799.jpg

Interior-3_zps88fffed2.jpg

Interior-4_zps5dc17700.jpg

Interior-5_zpsc75f2651.jpg

And all together....

Interior-Mock-Up-1_zpsbfe366e2.jpg

I like this frame better. You can see more of the equipment. Going to let this sit overnight and then tomorrow see if it looks as good. If it does I will start with the touch up on the O2 bottles, the framework, and get working on the plumbing.

Joe

some very good detail on this, its going to be quite the looker when its done I think, lots of attention to detail.

Latest posts

Back