Trogdor tries out the Hasegawa 1/48 AV-8B harrier II.

Trogdor

Apparently the Hasegawa AV-8B Harrier II is a popular plane recently.

hsgs7228box-lg.jpg

I started this a while ago but quickly stopped as I ran out of glue, which will be arriving shortly.

I've seen this plane lots using the photo etch add-ons, but as this is my first plane in a while, I'll stick with the basic kit.

According to the internet, the colors in the instructions are "all wrong". I have a full set of vallejo game colors. to use. Any color suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Well its not the "tonight" I was hoping for but here we go.

Bad cell phone pics:
kVdJMvG.jpg

a8mCOUm.jpg
UXwyHCZ.jpg

And something for later
1m5CYOX.jpg

And now it sounds like my computer fan is about to rip itself apart, so later then!

:eek: I just realized a problem with this kit and its kind of a pita. In my opinion, after you join x19, x20, x22, and x23, install x3. Do it before installing n6. I followed the instructions and had to trim my N6 piece to fit in place.

Well, I lust the ejection seat handle that goes between the pilot's legs. So I went online to find a picture of it.

Heres what I found. http://www.ejectionsite.com/ejctpic/siiis.jpg
siiis.jpg

As you can see there is no block on the bottom of the ejecetion seat handle. It seems to simply stick out of the botom of the seat onder the cushion. It is modeled with a little block on it. So I'll grab some wire, drill 2 holes in the seat, paint the inside of the cockpit, bend and paint some wire(new handle), and glue it in place before gluing the seat in place.

Not complicated at all.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks to Jimi, I was informed that I might be able to get a replacement ejection handle from Hasegawa. Wish me luck.

In the meantime I figure I can build the rest of the plane.

Directional jet nozzle problems. With bad moving pictures and worse sound!

https://youtu.be/Wr0-ieXcwdk

Well it turns out its a 4-8 week wait for the part to ship from Japan. I'm back to thinking about just scratch building the handle as its just kind of sticking out of the seat anyway.

Looks like a sweet kit from what I've seen elsewhere.
Oh, and be sure to use consummate 'v's and a beefy arm.

Dont know how far you are with it, but drilling the hole a bit deeper is what I would have done if possible. How goes it?

This is a nice kit. I recently built it myself. I did have the same problem with the exhaust nozzles. Just cut them down a little bit. You'll have to glue them in, but I don't really think they need to be workable.

This one is in the July issue of Model Aircraft.

Hasegawa%20AV8b-45_zpszujzrp65.jpg

Yes hello everyone, im back and with a bit of a name change. now straight to the business.

This is necromancy, but I AM continuing with this build. I will be proceeding with tail and wing construction soon. ejection seat handle is in the process of being ordered.

Latest posts

Back