Transparent Paints

LrdSatyr8

I've been struggling with this for quite awhile and finally came up wit ha solution that seems to work very well! Using what I have in my office, I found that if you take some Future Floor Wax and add a few drops of liquid ink jet refill ink to it you can create a very nice transparent paint. You will however have to use many coats allowing it to dry between each layer, but it does work and very well I might add. This has several applications and can be used to not only tint clear plastic peices on your model, but can also be used to tint white LEDs so you will always have the color you need. Give it a try for yourself. I find 5 layers/coats seems to give the best consistency but I'm sure more would work as well.

I have never tried it, but I would think you could also add food coloring to Future and do the same thing. Food coloring pack is only a few & and with all the primary colors you can mix and match to suit your needs.

I have tried food coloring with Future, and I didn't get the result that I wanted. But that was three years ago, and in general, I really didn't know what I was doing at the time. I might go back and revisit that....

Latest posts

Back