TOTAL 100% Scratchbuilt, right down to making every nut and bolt

WOW! This is more than impressive!! I feel stupid just thinking that I did good work. :( This blows anything that I've done in recent past away times 100!!!!

Outstanding Work!

What Scale did you decide to use to replicate this? I would love to know the techniques you used to made the Metal Parts for this build!

There are some very talented people in this world and you are one of them!

Congratulations on a job well done!

Here's a different form of modelling that you rarely see today, 100% scratchbuilt, that's hand making EVERYTHING.

So NO kit bits AT ALL, you just use your hands and use different tooling to create what you want, start with a slab of timber and go for it.

Here's a Low Set Milk Cart I made from using a drawing printed in "The Australasian Coachbuilder and Saddler, June of 1899.
This drawing would be used by a Wainwright to build a full sized vehicle, so why not use the exact same drawing to make a model.
By using the original drawing for the model, kind of puts the model into the 100% Historically Accurately catergory.
The drawing shows where every nut and bolt should go and all nuts and bolts are made by myself as well.
Very rarely do I use any store bought nuts and bolts, I try to make them all myself.
It's a far cry from any model kit on the market, that uses the same terminology as being 'hysterically accurate' ( NOT ).
The wooden spoked wheels have 'dish' built into them, the axle's even have a 'set' to it as well, to give a 'plumb spoke' when fitted to the model.

OK, enough rambling, have a look and let me know what you think of this sort of modelling.

View attachment 92232

View attachment 92233

View attachment 92234

View attachment 92235

View attachment 92236

View attachment 92237

View attachment 92238

View attachment 92239

View attachment 92240

View attachment 92241

View attachment 92242
Mind blown.
Irishvic

OUT-STANDING, Radish! From crafting the piece to the finish, that's a beautiful model!
What scale or size did you build it to? I'm wondering about figures to go with it ;)

Mind blown.
Irishvic
Thank You for your response back so quickly!

I find it refreshing to see Scratch Building in general. My interests vary greatly but the end result is that what you make with your own hands is a testament of making the end product unique both to you and the viewer. It enhances your skill development each time you finish a project such as this. The fact that you do not buy items for a subject you are working on just enhances your skills even more because there are new challenges to overcome that are unique to each subject you are trying to create! Not many can just take a drawing with no dimensions and transform the contents of it without having the skills you possess. You are very talented so keep up the Great Work!

Take Best of Care and I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future!

Thanks Again!

Best Regards, JohnDoe

Thank You again for the detail on the Materials your used to construct various pieces required for this build.

Frankly, I have never heard of Tasmanian Myrtle, (Northofungis Cunninghami), Tobin Bronze or Keysteel before so I am baffled and grateful for your information at the same time!

Not certain where there is a good resource for them exactly! I did a search on just Tobin Bronze and I am getting an array of results most of which are not very encouraging.

Do you live in the U.S. or elsewhere (you do not have to reveal exactly where you live)! The only reason I am asking is that some of materials you listed seem to be exotic in nature which I personally have never heard of before.

Of course, my lack of knowledge of them just might be that I have never been exposed to them in my life before too!

Nevertheless, I am grateful again to you for sharing this information!

Thanks Again!

PS: I will be off-line for a few days due to some pressing matters I need to attend too.

This is nothing less than absolutely brilliant!! I have made models from scratch before but this is on another level. I have yet to make 100% scratch made metal parts but I do have a 1935 Auburn Speedster in the works that I am finishing. It has all metal exhaust except the muffler. I can't find or machine a small enough piece with the patience level I not possess without a lathe. I don't want to spend another $3.65 for an aluminum bar that I will only use about and inch off and have the rest lying around as I already do with a 3/8" bar at the moment.

Latest posts

Back