Tirpitz Revell 1/700 Scale (05099)

Nikanor

Hello all SMA members!
This is my first watercraft model ever, or for at least about 20 years ;) .
I will post my progress here for everyone to see and comment.

I´m will use, as the topic shown, the Revell Kit on the Tirpitz in 1/700 scale, but also the Revell´s PE for this kit.
The colors I will use are acryllic´s from Tamiya and Modelmaster, primer from Vallejo and some oilpaint for streaking and washes.

I will build as often as I got the time for it, and pictures of the build progress will follow soon.

// Andreas

And here follows my prior progress on the kit so far.

The 1th October was the first step taken, the halfs of the hull was cemented, and put aside. I was at this time (and still are) working on the Paints and decals on a other build.. After a week that one was done and ready for weathering, but then put on hold until most of the work on Tirpitz is ready for primer.
I like to have two Projects going on at the same time, so I can switch between them when one has to stay put for a while.

OK, back to this projekt.. when the hulls hade been well fused together I started to do one of the 15" main guns to see how it looked with the PE and brass guns. The kit is so tiny, so it took me about two evenings to put just one gun together :)
After that I did the rest of the main guns ready for PE, and glued the 5,9" guns together.
I´ve got the brass for the 5,9", as well for the 4,1" AA. But thay are so small and it wont be any big visual effect, so I will not include them in this build.

After this I dryfited the Superstructure, then drilled out every "window". I´ve got a idea of maby put some lights in there for night effects :)
For the past days I`ve cemented the most of the of the superstructure. Separatly in floor sections to ease the coming paintjobs. I´ve aslo have started to convert one of the closed hangar to open, and cut of the wings on one of the Arado planes and made it into a folded wing mode.

Thats the work so far and here follows some of the picts..
Hopefully I will get more time with the build this weekend.

80880-o.jpg

"The main 15" guns, one with PE"​
80627-o.jpg
80879-o.jpg
80881-o.jpg

"The 5,9" guns, and AA guns (just sanded)"​
80874-o.jpg
"Dryfitted Superstructure"​
81027-o.jpg
81028-o.jpg
"Hangar converting projekt and Arado planes!"
82659-o.jpg

"Floors cemented, and floors sections dryfitted again"​
82660-o.jpg
"Testing the drilled-out windows"

I will be trying my hand at my first watercraft model soon. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Thanks mates.
I will post more as soon I have something to show. This weekend I have only done a little work with the rest of the superstructure assebly..

Latest posts

Back