Timing of Articles and Release Dates

dougsmodels

Guys,

We all know you at Scale Model Addict are the hardest working publishers in showbiz and the magazine well its always welcomed when it arrives. My question or concern is regarding the timing. Do you think the long layover between issues is hurting the future of the magazine? I know it might seem trivial but it would be nice to have a consistent format even if its every other month or quarterly, etc. Maybe find something that works for you guys and stick to it so that what you're doing there in terms of effort and quality carries through with the subscribers. It seems the way things are set up now there's no real consistent timing or spacing between issues and that SMA is more of a fly by night publication rather than a serious effort. And I know from what we've seen so far that the magazine and effort is far from that. I commend you guys for putting out such a nice product even though every effort might have a hic-cup or two. And I know you're trying to keep a balance between enjoying life and publishing a magazine. But perhaps consider a quarterly edition throw in a article or two more and stick to it. Believe me it will go a long way to improving your image and keeping the readers interested in buying and subscribing to SMA rather than going over to the ever growing competition while waiting for the next issue. Just my two cents and as always I wish you guys the best of luck in and success with SMA.

You have to realize that the whole magazine is put tpgether by 2 people, both of which have other full time jobs, family, etc, etc, which take priority over the magazine.

I agree that while something a little more consistent may be better for the brand, but they are doing their best with the spare time that they have over and above everything else in life.

If this was their one and only thing they did full time, then I would be more inclined to agree that a more consistent release schedule be adhered to, but such as that isn't the case here with the SMA Mag.

Just my oppion but I'd much rather see an inconsistent release schedule if the quality of the articles remain high. Although I haven't got my hands on issue 5 yet I have a very good idea of what's included and you won't find better quality models.

adampolo13 said:
Just my oppion but I'd much rather see an inconsistent release schedule if the quality of the articles remain high. Although I haven't got my hands on issue 5 yet I have a very good idea of what's included and you won't find better quality models.

I agree and it's the anticipation that makes the wait worth it every time.

Cheers, Ski.

dougsmodels said:
Do you think the long layover between issues is hurting the future of the magazine?

On page four of every issue is the phone number to Girvan Media, (you'll reach Scott) as well as Scott's email and mine.

Do you think these issues that people are posting to a model forum might be better addressed using those contact methods?

;)

Seriously, we're naught more than two kids who opened a lemonade stand on the lawn, I wouldn't be too concerned about the future of the magazine. We sold a six issue subscription and we will deliver six issues.

Latest posts

Back