Timeslip 1/350 Action VI Transport

thanks guys!!!

and yes, sol, that first one is where i'm leaning....but with some more danger/hazard striping around some edges. oh boy that'll be fun when i get to that point!!!

I did manage find 5 minutes here and there to get a bit further with this build. One of the main tasks in this phase was routing the fiber optics. To do this I used a handful of clamping methods with Elmer's glue.
ac6_img_2218.jpg

ac6_img_2221.jpg

ac6_img_2354.jpg

The switch was also added but I pushed a little too hard with the drill bit so there are some areas to clean up when it comes to detailing.
ac6_img_2219.jpg

ac6_img_2220.jpg

Overall the lighting looks really good and I'm quite happy with it. Just about 99% of the fibers remained intact during the routing and connecting to LEDs. I misjudged how many white LEDs I needed so another one was spliced in series with the others. No problem there whatsoever. :D The cargo bay and bridge (and everything else!) look pretty blown out in these images, but it will actually be toned down when the fibers get trimmed.
ac6_img_2358.jpg

ac6_img_2428.jpg

Once all the fibers were routed the final joining commenced. It was a bit of a beast of a task because the seams, AGAIN, were down the middle and required a bit of cleanup before joining. So clamps were used...then there was still some misalignment.
ac6_img_2360.jpg

ac6_img_2361.jpg

ac6_img_2365.jpg

ac6_img_2367.jpg

ac6_img_2366.jpg

ac6_img_2368.jpg

Also added the fins. Again, there was a little misalignment and careless on my part but I corrected the angle with a little shim...
ac6_img_2376.jpg

ac6_img_2377.jpg

ac6_img_2378.jpg

There are some areas that I will just fill with details but others got a heavy dose of putty and were sanded "even". A little bit of rescribing here and there helps, but I might just add larger pieces of armor plating.
ac6_img_2371.jpg

ac6_img_2372.jpg

ac6_img_2373.jpg

ac6_img_2375.jpg

ac6_img_2383.jpg

Despite all these troubles it's starting to look really good all lit up.
ac6_img_2426.jpg

ac6_img_2427.jpg

ac6_img_2381.jpg

ac6_img_2362.jpg

ac6_img_2363.jpg

ac6_img_2364.jpg

Lastly, here’s a gif of my blinking lights
ac6_img_blink.gif

A lot of work going into this Nick and it's paying off mate, this will be a monster when it's done!

i know, right??? it really works with this design
kyp, do you mean clean or transparent? it will definitely have more panel lines and chipping, etc and some filters applied to the various panels. i've found that a nice watered down testors acrylic steel makes for a reeeeeaalllly nice panel filter...

Another smallish update for y’all. In the midst of getting all this other stuff done I was able to cross off a couple of task-list items as well as add a new one. :) Masked off the engine LEDs, filled the bridge window (which also diffuses the light nicely) and decided that the hull needs more paneling. Using a pencil I roughly outlined where I’ll be scribing some lines. So far I managed to get done, oh, one side of the rear section. Once I have a little more done I’ll hit it with a light coat of primer so you can see the lines more clearly. You’ll also notice a shot of a big gap that needs some detail love...

ac6_img_2448.jpg

ac6_img_2442.jpg

ac6_img_2446.jpg

ac6_img_2447.jpg

ac6_img_2436.jpg

ac6_img_2439.jpg

ac6_img_2440.jpg

You da definitely da!!
;D
Can't help loving this build!.. Oh, man, I feel this all is going to end up with me buying this kit.. :)

Another update while I'm at it. :D Finished the scribing. I debated whether or not to shoot some primer on it to show the lines but opted to wait until the details are filled in. Also did the masking for the primer (front window + foam in cargo). Then I started adding some half-round detail strips. WAY more to go….

Tiny bit of masking + blocking
ac6_img_2525.jpg

ac6_img_2527.jpg

left cheek
ac6_img_2526.jpg

right cheek
ac6_img_2528.jpg

right thigh
ac6_img_2529.jpg

chin
ac6_img_2530.jpg

under