Tiger I Russia summer 44 + crew

Nice paint jobs on the crew. Along with the weathering they really bring it to life

Thanks, appreciate that.
Pantherman
Finally got the refuelling crew done and added to the diorama. Just the bike and crew to finish then all complete.
Pantherman

Attachments

• 20230212_210829.jpg
    20230212_210829.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 20230212_210839.jpg
    20230212_210839.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20230212_211014.jpg
    20230212_211014.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230212_210938.jpg
    20230212_210938.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 14
Tiger crew are done and in position. Just got to add a fuel hose to the lad at the rear.

When I have done the bike and crew I will put it all together in the diorama and matt coat everything.

Should post the last photos in a couple of weeks. Stay tuned. Happy for all comments, good and bad before I spray the final coat.
Pantherman
Pinky,
Well hello and I am impressed with the results of your labour's, but I really can't see it getting off the runway, climbing to 50000 feet and travelling at Mach 2. My reason for saying this is that you have missed off the pointy nose, which will limit its potential.

In your other post, funnily enough I have one of those Airfix skinny Tigers like your Revell one under my desk. I get it out regularly and dream as it was one of my wishes to fly on one and followed its early development and collected posters/pictures from an early age. Then they had to bin it like the Harrier.

So your build is looking good, but we are going to have to get you adding to your figures in the region of shadows and highlights.

Be good,

John

Pinky,
Well hello and I am impressed with the results of your labour's, but I really can't see it getting off the runway, climbing to 50000 feet and travelling at Mach 2. My reason for saying this is that you have missed off the pointy nose, which will limit its potential.

In your other post, funnily enough I have one of those Airfix skinny Tigers like your Revell one under my desk. I get it out regularly and dream as it was one of my wishes to fly on one and followed its early development and collected posters/pictures from an early age. Then they had to bin it like the Harrier.

So your build is looking good, but we are going to have to get you adding to your figures in the region of shadows and highlights.

Be good,

John
Hello my friend. Now you're just confusing these poor people by commenting on my concorde thread on the tiger one.

It's OK, I understand us older folk get easily confused. Keep taking the pills, it will help!!

Concorde first, I have deliberately left the pointy nose off as it was shouting at me to get broken off and lost to the carpet monster.

Now the tiger, thanks for the shading info, I think that once I have the whole diorama built I will look at overall weathering and shading before the final matt varnish finish coat.

Take care my friend. Pantherman

Finally got the refuelling crew done and added to the diorama. Just the bike and crew to finish then all complete.
Pantherman
I can't believe that I have actually finished this build although I would like some feedback to see if I'm missing anything.

If you see something that needs fixing or suggestions for anything, love to hear them.

If you think it's OK and best to leave it there then thanks for watching this incredibly long build. Pantherman

Attachments

• 20230327_220339.jpg
    20230327_220339.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 20230327_220325.jpg
    20230327_220325.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230327_220310.jpg
    20230327_220310.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230327_220300.jpg
    20230327_220300.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230327_220252.jpg
    20230327_220252.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 20230327_220138.jpg
    20230327_220138.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230327_220148.jpg
    20230327_220148.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 19
As usual this is an incredible diorama. From the posters on the wall to the guy taking a whizz. The guys on the motorcycle look giddy as if they are drinking in celebration of something. The petrol barrel being siphoned off into the tank is another awesome touch and the littler on the ground.
Fantastic build!

As usual this is an incredible diorama. From the posters on the wall to the guy taking a whizz. The guys on the motorcycle look giddy as if they are drinking in celebration of something. The petrol barrel being siphoned off into the tank is another awesome touch and the littler on the ground.
Fantastic build!
Thank you my friend for your kind comments, really appreciated.
Pantherman

Well done!
If I had any suggestion to offer, I'd paint the goggles on the guy taking a leak with gloss brown, like tinted glass. That's my cheat for goggles of any kind.
Now I look closer at him I think that would look better, thanks Brad.
Pantherman

Sure thing!
That came to me from building Monogram's 1/48 airplanes. The painting guide always said, "Paint the lenses silver". But I looked at it and wasn't satisfied. And I saw a photo of an RAF pilot and his goggles had brown lenses. And it hit me!

Overall Pantherman, a very good job. My only criticism is based on the fact, I prefer compact dio's with little to no empty space, so please understand that point.
That said, I feel you could have put everything that you have displayed in this diorama on a base half the size. This would have filled the large amounts of "dead ground" you have that contain nothing of interest. I also feel more rubble would have added to the effect and whilst I can see you have tried with a scattering of leaves, it is not enough.
Your idea is a good one mate, I just feel it could have earned a gold ribbon had it been a more compact and hence "busier" composition rather than silver. Not that there is anything wrong with silver (and yes, I am a judge of vignette's and diorama's at the annual model expo here in NSW.)

Cheers
Phil

Overall Pantherman, a very good job. My only criticism is based on the fact, I prefer compact dio's with little to no empty space, so please understand that point.
That said, I feel you could have put everything that you have displayed in this diorama on a base half the size. This would have filled the large amounts of "dead ground" you have that contain nothing of interest. I also feel more rubble would have added to the effect and whilst I can see you have tried with a scattering of leaves, it is not enough.
Your idea is a good one mate, I just feel it could have earned a gold ribbon had it been a more compact and hence "busier" composition rather than silver. Not that there is anything wrong with silver (and yes, I am a judge of vignette's and diorama's at the annual model expo here in NSW.)

Cheers
Phil
Good point and I agree with you, I think because I was trying the cobbles effect and walling for the first time it sort of escalated.

Of course the very obvious problem I have now is where the heck am I going to store it.

I will have to remember to chop it back in the future. Many thanks, from genuine critique we achieve greatness.
Pantherman

Good point and I agree with you, I think because I was trying the cobbles effect and walling for the first time it sort of escalated.

Of course the very obvious problem I have now is where the heck am I going to store it.

I will have to remember to chop it back in the future. Many thanks, from genuine critique we achieve greatness.
Pantherman
Yes I agree with you....Where are you going to put it?

Phil

Good lookin' diorama Pantherman. Armor builds have always interested me but I've never been able to cross that line. I've got a couple of kits in the stash that I may try to tip over into the "other world" with.

Great work on this.

Good lookin' diorama Pantherman. Armor builds have always interested me but I've never been able to cross that line. I've got a couple of kits in the stash that I may try to tip over into the "other world" with.

Great work on this.
Thanks, I appreciate it. Start with a toe over the line then we've got you. Ha ha.
Pantherman

Latest posts

Back