Tiger I Initial (Africa)

Great start. The tracks are a nice addition to this kit. I know the ones that come with this kit are rubbish. That is what stop me from completing my kit years ago. Seeing your build makes me want to get my kit back out and finish. The PE work is looking sharp too.

Nice work, I've built two African Tiger I's so far (one using your kit, one converting Dragons 6600 initial kit) and I love them. Great work you've done so far, and help from David Byrden is always a great thing to have (though only on the technical aspects, I asked his thoughts on the camouflage schemes of the Tigers in Africa but he told me he doesn't know too much about that). And those MasterClub tracks are awesome ey, I must say I love their system, and it's the only one which has the links completely right in scale, so you can add 96 links to each side, just like the real deal.

Looking forward to see more of this

Cheers

Oh...but I must.

Can anyone comment on Tamiya's inner cupola detail? Seems to me there should'nt be a gap between the ring and the inner port glass....

yes those bits sticking up should be armored glass.

Awesome job so far, 8)

First pass with RAL 8000 over black primer.

15970688485_40ce21b2d6_b.jpg

Its really an interesting color. In the bottle it looks fairly brown-yellow, but when applied if has this curious greenish look to it. Next up will be a 1/3 camo cover of RAL 7008.

Actually....slight disaster. I did a coat of clear gloss for the sake of decals and washes and it went horribly wrong. Turned the surface into sandpaper. Tried to correct it with thinner and that just made it pucker.

I spent a day with it submerged in hot water with various tools scraping it down to bare plastic, ready for a do over.

Can anyone suggest some (vallejo) paint colors and/or technique to get the tracks looking pretty much exactly like this?:

16448061123_d19273e672_o.jpg

Yup exactly. Vallejo Track Primer, AK Track Rust Wash thinned down, then a dusting with Buff through the AB or pigments, then a rub of AK Dark Steel for the highlighted worn areas of the tracks.

sunsanvil said:
Can anyone suggest some (vallejo) paint colors and/or technique to get the tracks looking pretty much exactly like this?:

16448061123_d19273e672_o.jpg

You can spray rust color first then foundation white but not so heavy so the rust color will be visible still then you can apply light slate grey pigments might work.

Latest posts

Back