Threesome with twins! TWin P-40F's and Curtis XP-55 Ascender

liquorboxracing

I got 3 months still. I think I can do this! I have the MPM XP-55 kit already, and have been looking for an excuse to build it. This would be a good one. I also had an idea of twin P-40F's the Merlin powered versions. When I say twins I mean joined, like F-82 twin Mustangs. P-40's were one of the most abundant built fighters during the war and I think if the war dragged on the alied forces could have addapted them as they did the F-82's for night raids in Korea. So Double build for me! I'll start the twin P-40's with the Academy E versions and mod them to F specs with Merlin power plants. Below's a pic of an actual XP-55. I have started a sketch of the twin P-40's. I'll try and scan it when I'm finished.

061024-F-1234P-006.jpg

Moving forward! I got the two P-40 kits I needed. I first mocked up the twin with P-40E's, and I didn't like the look, so I decided to go with P-40M's as they have a slightly longer tail. This looked much more proportional. I started making patterns for the center wing halves. and I have started building them from styren sheet. Here's a couple pics. I have the XP-55 started as well. I'll have pics of it soon.

22bc22b0.jpg

22dc22b0.jpg

Latest posts

Back