this other thing I'm building

He needs a dog , but I don't have any .
I'll add this set the next time I ship from Scale Hobbyist :

eKpscY7.jpg

In the meantime ,
I'll put Hilda the goat together .
She's the driver for the Doppelkonig , so she can hang with Jens until she's needed .

uRbEccA.jpg

I'm hoping to use the circular shades in this eyeglass set to make her some snow-glasses with the side shades , or old-school welding goggles :

oLSEuAo.jpg

W3vKCoZ.jpgvDBY7jR.jpg

Great progress, Mo!
Tamiya has at least 1 set of barnyard animals in 1/35, too. It includes a German Shepherd, along with other familiar animals. It might still be in production, but I know it comes up on the secondary market (eg, eBay) often.

I thought I had a Feldgendarmerie set that had some German Shepherds in it , but evidently not .
I like that Riich set . German Shepherd are overrated ! :D

I re-did the cap insignia on Jens .
This is probably as good as it gets , cuz I can only see the issues on the computer monitor and not with my readers looking thru the magnifier .
Man , he's coated in white nano-specs LOL -- I can't see any of that at the bench .

LgueAye.jpg

Need to put the shadows back into the cap .

Using these Alliance decals I got years back :

5j61wkG.jpg

:D I just saw this endorsement at the bottom of the packaging :

vZlhuu0.jpg

Must be true .
They'd get sued if not ;)

Last edited:
I am genuinely curious to see this finished. And you make my scratchbuilding efforts look like a damn 3 yr old by comparison, and I am considered by my crew to be pretty damn good at it.

Its obviously some kind of mecha, but you are taking your own path regarding its design. Doesn't look like you are using anything as inspiration.

I'm back on this thing later this week . Hopefully .
Need to finish up some other stuff first .

Yeah , it's all my design - from the weapons platform to the locomotive bits .

Wow this looks amazing... And so much fun!

BERT ehh?...

For sure gonna follow this one. Must cost a fortune in plastic sheets tho.

I've been back on this thing while the paint cures on the 155 .
Over the weekend , I finally noticed this label misprint --- or I need to find me some ABF plastic :D

ir6cerS.jpg

The old label is a bit different and too faded to see if it said ABS or ABF --- probably just an issue with the new label .
I guess when you have 100 K labels misprinted you just go with it .

ZvLZGaT.jpg

I'll get some more progress pix up in a few days .

Dude

I recently stumbled my way onto rpf... I mean I knew it existed, but always figured it'd be way out of my leaque, being Americans building 5 foot falcons and stuff

Anyway... I just wanted to say they got nothing on you man... So cool that you share and let us follow along... Thank you for sharing.

Heh heh , well thanks for the compliment . I have no idea what ' rpf ' is though .
I just like building stuff :D

I always envisioned this thing crushing a bus .
I figured I'd have to scratch-build the bus since there were no bus kits in 1/35 that looked like what I wanted .
But !
Earlier this year I saw that Roden is releasing a Greyhound coach that is exactly what I envisioned :
https://automodeler.com/news/ford-v8-and-greyhound-coach
Gonna buy at least 3 of them when they become available @ Scale Hobbyist .
Should be soon -- Spring is over , right ??

Heh heh , well thanks for the compliment . I have no idea what ' rpf ' is though .
I just like building stuff :D

I always envisioned this thing crushing a bus .
I figured I'd have to scratch-build the bus since there were no bus kits in 1/35 that looked like what I wanted .
But !
Earlier this year I saw that Roden is releasing a Greyhound coach that is exactly what I envisioned :
https://automodeler.com/news/ford-v8-and-greyhound-coach
Gonna buy at least 3 of them when they become available @ Scale Hobbyist .
Should be soon -- Spring is over , right ??
So I read this... and thought you'd typed Rodan.:p I was confused for a split second then realized I had read wrong.

Now I want a Rodan model kit.:D

Latest posts

Back