this other thing I'm building

AcI2DX7.jpg
2wH55KV.jpg

I exclusively use this guy for a 1/35 scale reference .
He always looks like he needs to be holding a pipe ,

YdYZO2j.jpg

- since he's just standing around .

Something like :

pszbQoZ.jpg

I have no idea where his original left arm is so I stole the left arm from this commander figure second from left :

Kivp8xD.jpg

Required a lot of material removal ,

98e6JCy.jpg

And I dug up a resin hand that worked much better for the task :

o3bCAf7.jpgGr4DSAb.jpgTbYsFHG.jpgAQ1aaxL.jpg

Now to make his pipe , improve the folds in the new arm , do some putty plus some 1000 grit sponge sanding to clean him up for paint ...
That was the very end of a can of Tamiya lacquer primer . Mega orange peel :( .

I sharpened the details around his neck and collar , epaulets - fixed his ears - opened it up around his right hand etc :

0k9ntST.jpg

Last edited:
Heh ,
thanks !
I'll need to improve his eyes too .
The added hair detail looks pretty good IMO .

- it looks so easy to address when it's super-enlarged on the computer monitor :D , not so much at the bench .

Looks good, Momo! Do you remember where he came from, that is, is that a Tamiya figure, some other manufacturer?

I like the pipe, too. It's the same with my toy soldiers-I like figures with poses where they're doing something from the daily routine, in camp, for example, rather than just standing at attention.

I was also thinking maybe a snifter -- but a pipe is way easier to make :D

I thinks he's from the Tamiya Panther G ; steel wheel or late ?
He's def Tamiya .

I removed some material from the lower portion of his giant right hand .
Both his mitts seem a little big to me but ... only slightly

Tried to match the Tamiya-style sculpt with the folds in his sleeve .

YuNAbVK.jpg
lAsC95U.jpg
iCMxt9a.jpg

He looks pretty good to the naked eye -- lotta issues looking at him magnified 10 fold on the computer monitor :D

Fix it with paint .

Last edited:
It's like he is saying, "Hey, Wunderbar, you got a light...?"
That gave me a flashback to "The Dirty Dozen", at the chateau. Pinkney is keeping watch, when a German guard approaches him and asks him for a light. He spoke no German, so he didn't understand, "Hast du Feuer?" and the guard looked at him like he was an idiot. Great little scene in a great movie.

Latest posts

Back