The Xwing Fighter

Day one, The strip down and then off to beady blasting.
Day two, the rebuild begins, oh er I thought I was watching "Overhauling".
Man your a glutton for punishment LOL ;D.
Hope U pull it off mate, don't forget u need some sleep!
I've just got my Tiger ready for the group build, please don't turn it into a blitzkrieg diorama at the last minute as I've only got the one military model kit LOL .
Thanks for my weekly fix man I was hurtin :D

Cheers Scott
Joolz.

Thanks guys! Ent, welcome to the forum. You should build sumthin. Just go for it man. Don't try to do anything but finish it. Glutton for punishment - indeed.

Hi Scott,

Glad to see that you are continuing on your quest. Quick question, the Scott you refer to is it Scott that is in Fred'town at Elm City Hobbies...the guy at Elm City Hobbies called Scott. Sorry I am being vague.. There is a Scott that has a company called Elm City Hobbies so I was wondering if that is the same guy. If it is Scott, he is a great guy.... if that is who you are talking about.......

Great show.
Eric

Thanks Eric. Welcome to the forum. Yeah, I'm refering to Scott at Elm City Hobbies. That Scott, not me, this Scott but the Scott at Elm City Hobbies.

Hi, Scott, a technical question, when you use a palm sander to sand a model, what grit sandpaper did you load in it? I use an orbital/palm sander for woodworking, but I've never tried using it on plastic. Did you have to be more careful with it on plastic, than you would if you were sanding a pine board, for example?

Thanks!
Brad

Grit, not sure. I"ll check tomorrow for you. Yeah, a really, really light touch is required so that it doesn't melt. Works really great once you get the feel for it. I would say it's around a 300 grit on there now. I'll check though. You can feel the plastic heating up, when that happens I stop and let it cool down. Patience is the key but even at that it's still way faster than sanding by hand.

And a question I've wanted to ask since I first started watching your videos--where is the music from that you use for the bumps/intros/outros? It rocks!

I get asked that alot. It's from royaltyfreemusic.com - The CD is called Juiced Up. I bought that CD cuz, well it does ROCK. and I can use it without the YouTube music police writing me a ticket. ;)

Baron's question was one that I actually wanted to ask to for some time now. I thought you had a band or something after I saw the bass in the attic (Ep. 120C)... I play bass to! You rock! But seriously, stop posting here and get to work! ;)

Wow, you got heaps done! The Red 3 is definitely a twist to the story. The diorama is going to look awesome with two of those machines over it.

Best luck getting it completed before the show. I have been in that position before, finishing a diorama the morning beforehand!

Chas ;)

Thanks. Gotta tie up some loose ends here at work this morning and then get back at it. I do play music. I've played piano since the age of 5. At 13 I started playing in bands and from 17 - 28 music was my full time job. Gotta get modeling!

I play the radio, but quite badly. . .I model better, but just.
Great episode Scott, you never fail to bring a smile to my hairless face!

WOW!!! Red 3 man that is going to look so COOL!! i can't wait to see it finished. I am glad the engine's i sent you helped out. ;D

so are you still lighting the Red 6 and now what about Red 3? You can't have one and not the other can you? Oh yeah and wrap it up by Saturday? One are one brave modeller.

Posted a quick video update on YT. Check the NEWS at the top of the forum. Lighting both yup. X0

Two more videos added 2 day. Feel free to discuss them here.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki4FS3mrI5Y[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S916Ix30kNA[/youtube]

Thanks for watching!

Latest posts

Back