The Xwing Fighter

Two comments:
1) The base looked awesome once the primer went on. My wife happened to sit down just as you were showing it off (pre-primer) and she was saying "what is that?" I tried to explain it, but the jumble of colors was just making her not see the shapes. Once the primer went on, she said "Oh, I get it now... you do know you're all a big bunch of nerds, right?" I said "Yes. And?" :)

2) When you said something was blowing up like a bad weed a few minutes later, she laughed and blew tea out her nose (she's a professional gardener, so it hit close to home). This was after she already laughed (in a good way) at the animation your son did.
You're rapidly becoming a comedy fixture with the ladies in my house.

LOL, that's a great story djdood. Tea is a good decongestant. Glad to help;)
Ah that story makes me laugh. Thanks for sharing.

Love the whole series, Scott! I think it's really helpful to see other guys' processes, even if I'm not looking with specific questions in mind. And I love talking back to the monitor while I'm watching, my neighbors must think I'm nuts :D

For this installment, very clever creative gizmology, from figuring out to use the prefab base pieces, to emptying the spares box. That is a really cool version of the Death Star surface, without being too busy and taking attention away from the model.

ybiC
Brad

Thanks. MDF is great stuff for getting the basic shapes just gotta mind the dust! I appreciate your comments. L8R.

Well...its about time! Just Kidding! Thanks for the new video and I (a Husband/Father) understand the "Honey Do" list. Are you gonna shoot a video of this weekend's model show? On that video clip of Star Wars, are you gonna add a cannon to the Death Star Diorama?

My first model(P47 Thunderbolt) since 1985 will be listed this week. A little nervous because the talent here is very awesome!

Take care and thanks for your service! ;)

Hey Atomicdog! Thanks for the comment and welcome to the forum. A video of the show - yes. Death Star cannon thing - no, just the Red 3. Don't sweat showing your build man, it's all good.

Hey there Scott....

Again, thanks for the plug.....or I should say, many plugs!

So what happened to Red 6.....I feel like I missed something in the translation, now it is Red 3.....

Either way...in the same boat you are, much to do, and not alot of time to do it.

Will see you Sat!

Watching now.. Love the start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude you just make me laugh every time you release a video.

Haha what the... a Red 3 as well? That'll be gorgeous. Can't wait to see the finished... well... it's an diorama by now?! :D

Well Red 3 seems like so much work, I hope you can pull it off until Saturday but it'll be tough! I would have suggested building one of those cannons that took down Porkins but it's best to just concentrate on what you've started. Great video... the to-do-list kind of made me freeze for a second. When you said what you said until about 2:25 I kind of took it in another way... but yeah, 'chores' suck.
Get this build done please, I want to see it finished!

Yeah Scott, Finishing that Red 3 looks like a tough nut in 1 week....Remember one of your main goals in life is to.....STAY MARRIED!

I know how you feel though ;)

Thanks k-dog. I make me laugh sometimes too. A diorama, yup. Can't wait. Thanks. 2 do list - lol - pushing the envelope a bit there, kinda sorta.

Still making progress tonight. Got the green light to get this thing finished. A tough nut - for sure. Gonna go for it though. Thanks all.

just wanted to say that the red 6 build is looking really nice. i stumbled on your videos surfing you tube a while and back and loved the show. i am seriously thinking of getting back into modelling, have not touched a model for over a century or so. but that is another story...anyway, thanks for the great vids and the excitement you have for the hobby.

ent

Latest posts

Back