The Xwing Fighter

Scott Girvan said:
The X-wings could be Purple and Pink and part of the Rebellion's little known Barbie/Barney Squadron......and no one could really say anything. --- Blasphemy! LOL.

Thanks all. Man I seriously can't believe they're done - I feel a bit lost. Season 2 is gonna ROCK, if I do say so myself and as for more sci-fi - he he he, I gots me about 94 ideas. ;)

Nah! I personaly would have seriously bashed you for that. Seriously, they look great!

Amazing first season Scott. Well done. Your spoof of the Japanese modeling show had me in stitches. I don't know how many of those I've watched and not understood a single word. Looking forward to season 2's 'magazine style" format. --Jim

Great job on the frist season! That post-video-separation-anziety will pass and I'm sure you'll get jazzed for the tiger build.
The X-wings were not over "dirty", right on the money, I say.

And BTW,

[size=10pt]I LOVE THE "YUB NUB SONG"!![/size]

Stay on target...

Scott,

Excellent work on the X-Wings. Bigs and Porkins ride again!

Thank you for doing all the work it took to not only create a couple very nice models but in the process you created an online community. The well project is the reason this all is happening. I look forward to seeing more wells finished and pray for those people to recieve clean water.

I am looking forward to seeing season two of SMA.

The ProModeller product is just awesome! I have used it on my last 6 builds and do not plan on retiring it any time soon. The thing i like best is how simple it is, all you have to do is be careful not to knock all your detail bits off the model as you take the wash off.

Thanks again Scott and God Bless,

Ken

PS: Think I cna talk you into posting some still pics of the builds on the forum here?

Excellent stuff all round scott. In a way you seem more proud of red 3 than 6. Maybe from Red 3 being so much easier and quicker to do than the prior one. You did all the same modifications to 3 but your experience on 6 let you fly right through it. Great stuff. Also the paint is spot on if i do say so.

Hi Buddy ;D,
Well what can i say, truly a mix of emotions as session one comes to an end!
The finished build looks mighty fine. :eek: Your dedication is second to none. To get to the top of the mountain is difficult, but my, the views are worth it! ;D You've brought laughter to so many people, and in my situation, laughter sure is the BEST medicine..
Enjoy and make the most of your summer break, you never know whats round the corner! ;). I've been through a couple of Fleur ups the last couple of weeks and not got much modelling done, seeing you finish has just spurred me on to complete whats on my bench and start a few new ones.
Really looking forward to the 2nd session, my King T is ready and waiting.
I feel your goal for the cause will be beaten by the year end, truly inspirational mate.
May your God be with you who ever they are!

Joolz ;D

Mate, such a great job with those fighters, amazing detail. And an excellent video to end the season. It has been a lot of fun following along.

Hahaha at the Japanese bit. ;D ;D ;D

Thanks all! As for liking Red 3 more, well it was A LOT easier and I think the lighting turned out more better. I like em both.
Thanks again for everyone's encouragement and support of the show and the cause. Couldn't have done it without you.

Haha wow. Finally! Very great work, you've done there and the final results looks fantastic! It was a very fun ride, I had a lot to laugh and your show gave me quite some nice tips. Now I am eagerly waiting for season 2 and especially the summer contest! Woo! 8)

wow! scott this build looks amazing. I cant help but feel like some outside superforce lead me to discover your show. Scale model addict has been a huge positive inspiration for me. I probably would not have gotten back into the hobby if it weren't for your show. The hobby brings alot of needed joy to my life and I would like to personally thank you for creating the Scale Model Addict universe. Anyway, I think both models turned out great, the weathering looks top notch. I wish i could donate to the cause unfortunately times are to rough but i would love to in the future. So, once again thank you Scott for being so awesome and I hope you have a great summer.

God bless you

josh

Those came out great! I haven't had a chance to go back and watch all the episodes yet, but I will... hopefully. But the end result was amazingly cool, looks like miniature props that were built back in the 70's to film the movies!

Elend - thanks man. The contest should be pretty cool - stay tuned.

Shark - thanks for reminding me

Mr Natural - Thank you. Your watching the show is a great support. Don't underestimate that.

SWG - Thanks alot for watching what you've had a chance to see. Much more in store in the fall of 09.

How did I miss this until now??!! Scott, it looks incredible! Every bit of your hard work comes through in the result; it's hard to believe that you started with the old ERTL/AMT kits. The DS base looks fantastic, and I have to say that you've been selling your painting skills short - you nailed the X-Wings. Add to this the greater cause that you've rallied so many people to, and I have to say that this is one of the single most inspirational undertakings that I've seen in a long time. My son and I looked forward to every episode, and we were never disappointed (I was trying to think of what our favourite moment was, but it's a tie between Porkins eating KFC, your nervous breakdown in 109, and your split personality recovery in 110 :) ).

Well done my friend, well done.

Thanks Terry. I really appreciate your help with the reference material for the base. For sure I'm happy with the results. The finishing end of things went by so quick! Hopefully this summer I'll have a chance to build a kit fast and then take some time on practicing with the finish. So much to try out and learn.

The first season proved to be not only fun but we all came together to help a great cause. I believe the fruit of season two will amaze us all.

Thanks again.

I guess I'm the only one who was put off by the "Japanese lingo". I had to mute that portion of the video really fast.

Lets just say, that if you are Japanese (as my wife is), folks trying to do the "pidgin-english 'ching chong' " thing can be pretty offensive. To her, it's the same as Jar Jar Binks was to some African Americans, etc.

I was a bit disappointed by it, since you are such a wholesome and decent guy. I'm certain you meant no offense, but I wanted you to know how things can be perceived by folks with different backgrounds.

Now, bear in mind, I do *get* what you were really going for with the whole "breathless announcer guy, who can hardly restrain his enthusiasm over every feature" and the Japanese model companies are notorious for that kind of promotional hyperbole in their promo-vids. However, some folks could easily take that out of context (my wife certainly would, not being hip to modeler-culture).

Again, just feedback.

I loved the show (despite being strongly agnostic - It's your show and your forum to say what you believe, as you see fit); I was just caught off guard at this, since it didn't match.

I guess I'm the only one who was put off by the "Japanese lingo". I had to mute that portion of the video really fast.

Lets just say, that if you are Japanese (as my wife is), folks trying to do the "pidgin-english 'ching chong' " thing can be pretty offensive. To her, it's the same as Jar Jar Binks was to some African Americans, etc.

I was a bit disappointed by it, since you are such a wholesome and decent guy. I'm certain you meant no offense, but I wanted you to know how things can be perceived by folks with different backgrounds.

Now, bear in mind, I do *get* what you were really going for with the whole "breathless announcer guy, who can hardly restrain his enthusiasm over every feature" and the Japanese model companies are notorious for that kind of promotional hyperbole in their promo-vids. However, some folks could easily take that out of context (my wife certainly would, not being hip to modeler-culture).

Again, just feedback.

I loved the show (despite being strongly agnostic - It's your show and your forum to say what you believe, as you see fit); I was just caught off guard at this, since it didn't match.

I am sorry, but having met Scott a couple of times, and getting to know him better, this was done to add a little comic relief to the finale. An oxymoron sort of moment.

This build initially was meant to be done over a 4-6 week period, and turned into a half a year project. The Japanese lingo going that fast, I believe was to offset the length of the build as it was not meant to be drawn out that long (it however in the end made it a better build, because it took on a life of its own, as opposed to a quick blog build).

I am sure Scott meant no harm from it, it was meant to be funny, in a "imitation is the highest form of flattery" kind of way.

I know Scott has gotten other flak about this, and I just have to say......Relax people.....stop taking life so seriously.

I should actually make a video concerning this. There have been a few people that were deeply offended and I am truly sorry for that. I meant it in an 'imitation is the highest form of flattery' way.

I LOVE those videos (The Japanese plamo ones) - they inspired SMA. I'd take it back if I could, but I can't. My ignorance, my mistake, my regrets and apology.

I have no problem receiving feedback in any form. Email me anytime. I hope this topic doesn't turn into a long debate here on the forum - let's just move on and build models eh.

Not trying to be one of the ones trying to drag this out Scott, and a thread that has turned like this is not in keeping with the spirit of this forum but I couldn't resist weighing in.

I'm not a visible minority myself if that term is still relevant these days and may not always understand what some people have to go through in this life. I think it's sad, that when a schtick for entertainment purposes gets singled out for ridicule when it was blatantly obvious that no harm was intended.

I just think people need to laugh at themselves more, I work with a Chinese guy and he makes fun of us Canadians all the time........who cares???It's never meant to be unkind, were just having fun pointing out each others differances we find odd.

This kind of thing will happen Scott, you are in the public domain now and you can't tip toe around everyones sensitivities ALL the time. I think your a compassionate person with a great sense of humor so just be yourself. Lesson learned time to move on.

Scott -

Having watched the entire season of SMA, I knew you don't have a mean bone in your body. I just wanted to make sure you knew how 60 seconds out of the hours of material you put out over this last year had a different effect than I was convinced you had intended. It sounds like you've been getting a lot of feedback about it - had I known that, I might have just kept my peace.

Don't think for a moment that I thought you were intentionally sending any kind of negative message. At most, it was a goof and I assumed as much.

I do appreciate how thoughtful you are being about it. If I could make a suggestion, maybe give it some context with a link to one of the videos you were parodying - that might help folks who aren't hip to modeler-culture understand the funny.

Regardless, I will be back for season 2 and looking forward to it.

Latest posts

Back