The ultimate kit in your hands!

DreamKnight

Let's just say one of the model companies approached you and said, "We want you to lead and design a model kit for us." What would the model kit be? Would it be a plane, ship or a sci-fi model? What would be included in the kit? What paint and marking schemes would it depict? And ultimately, what would you think it would it be worth in retail cost?

It seems to me like You've read my head creating this week's discussion (or invaded my night-dreams ;D)
As recently I'm thinking more and more of how it would be great to go in modelling buisness and create the kits I'm really interested in building right now.
Well, straight to the topic. First, about the company, giving me this opportunity: it must be FineMolds. Period.
As the kit of my dream is Star Wars "Blockade Runner" - class Corellian star cruiser.
And I'm quite sure that no one will do this model better than these guys (well, designing is surtainly mine, but don't forget about fabrics, molds and decals - quality and e.t.c.)
It would be approximately in 1/214 - scale measuring a length of 700mm. It would include two marking schemes with two sets of decals for them - the red one's as we've seen this ship in episode IV and a blue markings scheme from the RotS. Speaking nothing about overal detailing, which quallity goes without saying (don't forget who is the designer ;D), I would pay extra attention to 3 places:
- the control room inside'to make it really nice and extra detailed, especialy lighted
- the engines section, to design their molds easy for lighting process and give top detailing to the insights of the nozzles
- the ramp and landing gear (the ship would be availible for dipiction either in flight or landed)
Finally about the price. I'd cirtanly like to encourage you all, fellows, saying that it would be around 30-40 $, but if being realists let's say that it's 239.99$ It's not the lowest, I admitt, but let this kit speak for itself. And besides, as FM were saying about their 1/72 "Falcon", c'mone, it the "Blockade Runner"! ;)

Fine Molds At-At 1/72. Always wanted a high detail and accurate one. With at least a partial interior would be awsome, too. Although then price would have to be $200+ which is ACK!

A series of civilian jeep CJs, Off road car modeling is growing in popularity. Even though there are some Ooooooooooold kits around, they have are very limited. I should know I own most of them. I would include several choices of tires and wheels. Springs and accessories. I have noticed that every enthusiast builds his or her jeep to suit there own personality and use and their modification of the real vehicle reflect upon their own ideas and experience. ( I just worked at the 15th annual PA Jeep show) Anyway, I would produce some decent quality kits for cj5, cj7 YJ wrangler TJ wrangler with a accessory sprue I think all these jeep enthusiast would snap them up to build a scale model of "their Jeep"

The USS Discovery from 2001: A Space Odyssey.
About 2 1/2-3 feet long (not sure what scale that works out to, but....)
Styrene with a metal rod through the middle for support.
Thing would likely retail in the $60-$70 range once the interior of the cockpit and pod bay were brought into play.
And it would HAVE to be able to be lit

Crikey, what a challenge.

Well then, can I have several? ;)!

First choice, F.M to make it. Scale would have to be 1/20 (45" long :D) or maybe 1/35 (26 3/4" long :(). The model would be the Aliens Colonial Marines UD-4L Dropship, full interior detailing where possible such as cockpit, load bay and crew area behind the cockpit. Working wings and pods, landing gear, photo etch extras, multi media parts and an optional, ready to go lighting kit.

Only problem would be the cost so it'd have to be styrene to keep it anywhere vaguely near sane. At a guess I think it would be about £300 - £400.

So, I think I'll just build my own for now. Wonderful thought though! There is a UD 4L hanging from the ceiling in Comet Miniatures of London, which has a wing span of 6 ft and which they offered for sale back in '91 or '92. P.O.A. (price on application) of course.

It would be Sci-fi, the subject is not so mainstream, I would want to make the Valkyrie from Titan A.E., in at least 1/72 scale if no 1/48th.

I would like to have a Back to the Future 2 flying Taxi cab model (a 1972 Citroen DS), In 1/24 scale. It shouldn't be too expensive, maybe $10 - $30.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latest posts

Back